New owner need some help please!!!

Kidn1980

Registered
A buddy of mine basically gave a me a 2006 busa 13k and hasn’t ran since 2013 due to his wife making him choose family or bike. He. He said I could take bike because he knew I would bring it back to life. The bike is weathered but still in decent condition. Being that I am a mechanic I got it running in about hr after redoing brakes, empty tank new fuel, blah blah....he has a power commander 3 usb... I tried looking it up and found some stuff but here is my problem I was getting f1 code and read in another forum remove tuner and f1 went away which it did. So I came home and plugged tuner back in holding clutch in, turning key, and holding the 3 buttons down...ok now the green light goes up and down and shuts off. Tried it again still holding buttons I immediately release and start pressing low to raise and it stays on for about 2 pushes then cuts off and it’s like that with all buttons. I unplugged and replugged also cleaned ground and still same thing. What can I do to get tuner to work. Thank you ahead for all the help

A284C081-CB8C-4F68-AAEF-32578EA25D0B.jpeg

Ok so I went out there and figured I was doing it wrong I was just turning the key and not actually starting the bike...did all that and worked.

So when I was on it earlier today rode it for about 5min cane to stop sign and turned off and f1 light came on and it wouldn’t start after that. I had to wait a bit and then it started...why is that...what is f1

Ok so I went out there and figured I was doing it wrong I was just turning the key and not actually starting the bike...did all that and worked.

So when I was on it earlier today rode it for about 5min cane to stop sign and turned off and f1 light came on and it wouldn’t start after that. I had to wait a bit and then it started...why is that...what is f1
It's FI as in Fuel Injection. It's telling you that there is a problem. You can jump the plug (do a search for how, it's simple) and it'll give you a code.

It's FI as in Fuel Injection. It's telling you that there is a problem. You can jump the plug (do a search for how, it's simple) and it'll give you a code.
Ok thank you... what do the codes mean as in different umbers different things

Ok thank you... what do the codes mean as in different umbers different things
Read thread below and see if you can pull any codes:

Read thread below and see if you can pull any codes:
Yes that does help, I’ll try all tomorrow for sure

When I get home, I’ll be trying to duplicate the Code again and I’ll keep y’all posted. Thanks again
I’m pretty sure you have to keep the key on after the code comes on. Otherwise it won’t show up after you turn the key off and back on. So just ride till the fi light comes on. Leave the key and pop the seat and put into dealer mode and see what the dash says. I would go Thur the fuel pump and get the injectors cleaned

Ok I think I located the tos and it was hanging. If I am correct there is a bracket I guess and it’s wrapped in foil and rubber that says upper which I assume that needs to face up. I zip tied it facing up. Am I correct on this

Ok I think I located the tos and it was hanging. If I am correct there is a bracket I guess and it’s wrapped in foil and rubber that says upper which I assume that needs to face up. I zip tied it facing up. Am I correct on this
I don't remember honestly, but it sounds right. I do know it needs to be stable, there's a switch inside it that shuts down the bike when it sees a certain angle.

If that’s what was causing the issue, that’s great! Nothing like a “no parts required” fix. :thumbsup:

Back