New owner need some help please!!!

Glad to hear it's coming together. With a bike sitting that long, you're bound to encounter issues in the beginning. Keep at it and you'll have a good running, reliable machine in no time.

Anywhere to get a less rusted, non dented tank. Also where do y’all get your parts or accessories from. We don’t a have a Suzuki place here and what we do have doesn’t carry anything in stock.

Anywhere to get a less rusted, non dented tank. Also where do y’all get your parts or accessories from. We don’t a have a Suzuki place here and what we do have doesn’t carry anything in stock.
eBay, @GIXERHP or @GoldenChild for used parts and sponsors like @POWERHOUSE and @Boosted Cycle Perf for new parts. I think gixerhp and goldenchild can do new parts too, but they’ll be along soon.

Update: weather was decent so decided to take her out and test everything. It ran great no more overheating or cutting out. Got on freeway and ran like a champ other then I know I was doing at least 70+ and it was reading 45mph. I took out cleaned and put back in. I may need to order new speed sensor. Also ordered a new tank because this one was rusty and a bunch of pinholes. Thanks everyone for the help!!

Your gearing may be cause of speed being incorrect.
What tooth count front / rear?
That I don’t know to be honest...I’m at work, I’ll count tonight. The sensor I pulled did look a little dinged up Il take a pic and post

So today my fuel gauge on cluster was reading empty but I can move tank around and hear more then enough fuel in tank. The cluster low fuel light was on and the went dead empty and light turned off. Is there is test I could do to see if reading right. My new tank should be in tomorrow

So today my fuel gauge on cluster was reading empty but I can move tank around and hear more then enough fuel in tank. The cluster low fuel light was on and the went dead empty and light turned off. Is there is test I could do to see if reading right. My new tank should be in tomorrow

Your second sentence? When my low fuel light comes on there’s a full gallon of fuel left.

Need to an ohm meter to read the resistance across the terminals for the sensor. You would need to have the pump assembly out and swipe the arm across it's range of motion. The resistance change should be linear from empty to full. Not sure what the min and max resistance readings should be. Maybe C10 will chime in with his nifty manual and that will have the readings...

Need to an ohm meter to read the resistance across the terminals for the sensor. You would need to have the pump assembly out and swipe the arm across it's range of motion. The resistance change should be linear from empty to full. Not sure what the min and max resistance readings should be. Maybe C10 will chime in with his nifty manual and that will have the readings...

Ok thank you. It did it again and fi light came on code 92 fuel level gauge signal. What are the ranges the ohm meter reads from empty to full if I’m asking this correctly. Not too good with multimeter

Ok thank you. It did it again and fi light came on code 92 fuel level gauge signal. What are the ranges the ohm meter reads from empty to full if I’m asking this correctly. Not too good with multimeter
c10 will have that info, but the numbers themselves are less important than the range. It's got to sweep from one reading linearly like Dustin02 said.

Update: bike running good so far. As for the fuel sending unit I took apart and and retightened and tried to run check but not sure I did it correctly. Went ahead reinstallled and filled tank and it says full.

Back