New owner need some help please!!!

Where is pump located and what test can I do to the pump? Thank you again for the help

The test for the pump is to (see) the water in the radiator to (see) if it’s circulating. If it just sits there after being warmed up to normal operating temps the water will be visibly moving. If you watch constantly from the start you can see the water moving right at the moment the thermostat opens. The level will drop and then ‘refill’ as the engine water circulates back into the radiator (if) the pump is working. Otherwise the overfill tank will fill and then overflow.

Where is pump located and what test can I do to the pump? Thank you again for the help
the pump is located on left side by the toe of your shift foot . Fairing removal needed to access easily .
the item with big hose at 7 O clock , and small hose out of center .
Message_1497307785553.jpg

Ahem, please let me fix this. After reading it I gotta make good.

“If it just sits there after being warmed up to normal operating temps the water will be visibly moving.” Wrong.

This is how it should’ve read,

‘If it (the water) just sits there after being warmed up to normal operating temps, just below the inlet, the pump isn’t working, as long, as you said, the thermostat is ok.’

“If it just sits there after being warmed up to normal operating temps the water will be visibly moving.”

‘If it (the water) just sits there after being warmed up to normal operating temps, just below the inlet, the pump isn’t working, as long, as you said, the thermostat is ok.’
We read what you meant....

“If it just sits there after being warmed up to normal operating temps the water will be visibly moving.” Wrong.

So just fill her up, leave rad cap off and let it get to normal temps and water should be moving?

Quick question I haven’t had the chance to get to bike yet... but can you remove water pump and can it possibly be stuck Or corroded, can you rebuild it

Ok took 2 bolts off along with hoses and won’t come out. I have it loose but not sure what’s in front of it and not letting it come out.... so does it just go back in or does it have to align with something

I think you may have to remove the sprocket cover as well since it has to pull straight out. The output shaft from the engine is slotted and the water pump shaft fits in it. Once out, you will be able to see. C10 added some nice pics and references there.

First off thank you guys very much for responding to me, since I couldn’t figure out how to pull it off. I went ahead and put everything back together started up ran tonormal temperature,I noticed that the last time that I did it I didn’t fill up the reservoir or I did and it must have gone to church cause it was holy.I don’t think that I was putting in enough coolant. So this time I filled rad and did like the video on the burping and filled reservoir. Started it up watched coolant lower and I would fill up and it started moving, also just let it run and see if my rad fan switch was going to work since it came in today and right above half way my fan turned on. So far so good on that. As I took for a little ride temp stayed cool and then i started to feel my shorts wet looked down and leaking fuel. Went back home die was leaking bad, looked under tank and found the pinhole. It’s a lot of Tedious work tedious but I love to fix my own stuff. Again thank you and I’ll keep you updated tomorrow.

Back