New owner need some help please!!!

I think this will help out a lot.

I am going to try this and follow these instructions. Does anyone have a cross reference to a thermostat and fan switch that I could buy at autozone

I am going to try this and follow these instructions. Does anyone have a cross reference to a thermostat and fan switch that I could buy at autozone
Please.... get yourself a manual and follow the testing procedure stated there re testing the cooling fan circuit TO BE SURE of the cause of the fan not operating.
Don’t waste money by just throwing new parts at it in the hope that you’ll fix the problem, worst thing to do!
By following the manual you’ll also educate yourself on how the systems of your bike actually work, that’s a good thing!

Please.... get yourself a manual and follow the testing procedure stated there re testing the cooling fan circuit TO BE SURE of the cause of the fan not operating.
Don’t waste money by just throwing new parts at it in the hope that you’ll fix the problem, worst thing to do!
By following the manual you’ll also educate yourself on how the systems of your bike actually work, that’s a good thing!
I completely understand you but the bike has been sitting outside since 2013 so can’t hurt either way and here in south Texas where it’s 100deg with 100 humidity can’t hurt. Where can I get a manual at?

I completely understand you but the bike has been sitting outside since 2013 so can’t hurt either way and here in south Texas where it’s 100deg with 100 humidity can’t hurt. Where can I get a manual at?
You're going about it backwards. I'm going to say this as pleasantly as I can: if you keep asking for help and ignoring the help you receive, people will simply stop helping you. The fan switch and thermostat aren't going to go bad sitting in the heat of Texas or anywhere else. Additionally, they are both ridiculously easy to test. There is literally no point in buying new ones until you figure out what the issue is. Several of us have been riding bikes for decades, fixing our own stuff and others as well. I've been working on my busa for close to 15 years, and that's just one of the bikes I've had over the past 30+ years. Kiwi is a full-time bike mechanic offering you professional advice for free. Do what we're suggesting bruh. We know what we're talking about.....
There are several downloads available for the manual, or you can find a hard copy on eBay or the dealership.

You're going about it backwards. I'm going to say this as pleasantly as I can: if you keep asking for help and ignoring the help you receive, people will simply stop helping you. The fan switch and thermostat aren't going to go bad sitting in the heat of Texas or anywhere else. Additionally, they are both ridiculously easy to test. There is literally no point in buying new ones until you figure out what the issue is. Several of us have been riding bikes for decades, fixing our own stuff and others as well. I've been working on my busa for close to 15 years, and that's just one of the bikes I've had over the past 30+ years. Kiwi is a full-time bike mechanic offering you professional advice for free. Do what we're suggesting bruh. We know what we're talking about.....
There are several downloads available for the manual, or you can find a hard copy on eBay or the dealership.
You said exactly what I was thinking, big guy!

Thank you very much and yes I’m a true believer in finding the problem and replacing or fixing it before just buying new parts. So I went ahead and tested the fan switch with ohm meter Doing the continuity test with boiling water and tested no good so new switch here I come. I then jumped the fan switch wires and boom fan came on. I do thank y’all for past,present, and future help.

I am also taking tank off and filling it up with rust dissolver and letting sit over night. Then going to take apart pump and see what I get from there.

A little back ground on myself I am also a mechanic spent 6 yrs as aviation mechanic with 101st Airborne Division. I have been riding bikes since I got back from the sand box in 03 and use to ride pretty hard up in deals gap. Then I switched to Harley’s and customizing them as well. I mean I e best of both worlds...lol

A little back ground on myself I am also a mechanic spent 6 yrs as aviation mechanic with 101st Airborne Division. I have been riding bikes since I got back from the sand box in 03 and use to ride pretty hard up in deals gap. Then I switched to Harley’s and customizing them as well. I mean I e best of both worlds...lol
Wow . . . did you meet Jimi Hendrix? . . he was in the 101st . . . . .

Getting back to reality . . .
Good to hear you've nailed it re the thermo-switch failure.
It really does pay to test, test, test.
I've met a few aviation mechanics in my time, they do things differently than automotive mechanics lmao.
Well I sure hope they do some things different even tho I like my cars to fly I don't want then taking flight :lol: . But you are correct im different mechanics doing things different, I went from vehicles to small engines, lawn mowers, weed eaters, even skid steers and mini excavators. Thing is I changed because I didn't like all the computer aspect coming into play and now nearly every commercial zero turn mower is fuel injected and we even have chain saws and weed eaters we have ti put on the computer. I just wish I could get my boss to understand that not every mechanic can do everything as efficiently, we got a young guy really into diesels and he's awesome at them but throw a simple carburated Briggs and Stratton at him and he gets lost. Now that I'm done with the rant glad the op figured it out. :thumbsup:

Getting back to reality . . .
Good to hear you've nailed it re the thermo-switch failure.
It really does pay to test, test, test.
I've met a few aviation mechanics in my time, they do things differently than automotive mechanics lmao.
Very true but I’m also a vehicle mechanic as well along with small engines and diesels...basically all the same concept....air, fuel, spark again thanks I’ll keep y’all updated on fuel pump and I’ll take some pics of tank when I dump the rust dissolver out.

What do y’all think about this thread. I’m wanting to try this tomorrow or at least the cleaning part

So I took apart fuel filter and this is what I found

99251A9A-DA6D-4B0C-B700-E78F7199535A.jpeg

6A71DC2D-198E-4C73-96AA-95544829956A.jpeg

3C63FBC0-14DC-4495-A841-D3D802BE52A8.jpeg

Wow. . . That’s the worst case of corrosion I’ve seen in a fuel system yet!
Now don’t neglect to clean out the rest of the components of the fuel system, fuel hoses need replacing, fuel rail and injectors Ned cleaning.
Fuel tank, replace it if you can find a matching one.
Result! Sure is a miracle it ran at all!

Yes sir I’m looking for a tank now...injectors have been cleaned etc......I’ll be putting it back together tomorrow and hopefully we see how it runs

Back