New owner in PA

yougod

Registered
Hello everyone!

I've been trolling these forums for a while now but finally registered after deciding to purchase a 2005 Hayabusa. I'm a new driver and just got permitted for the state. I'm scheduled to take the safety course in April and will do that before I decide the take it out on the road.

The first thing I did was take a picture so that I can share it with others (including you guys). It has a Bazzaz Engine Management module installed and an exhaust. Other than that, it looks mainly stock.

I sat on other bikes before deciding to purchase the Busa. To be honest, they all felt a little uncomfortable. I would've went for a smaller bike but I always adored Hayabusas. And I'm just never the one to purchase something that I won't truly love (and I have a history of following through with that idea). It's a little high for me but I am not a tall rider to begin with. So my first plan is to lower it. The kit from Soupy's Performance seems the most likely way that I'd go. I'd like to get about an inch off the front and rear to start with. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to get a new kickstand right off the bat but, if others have experience with this, I'd enjoy your thoughts into it. I figure if lowering affects performance, I might as well do it before I can notice the difference.

I will post updates on my progress as they happen. This community looks fantastic, although posts seem to last years and years. But it's great to have relevant information that thrives through years of experience. I was able to search and find answers to many of my questions and have gained access to a wealth of information supplied here.

WP_20140305_002.jpg

Welcome, and if you are going to lower it, get the adjustable kick stand. You will be hating the day your baby tips over because it sat upright and was lightly touched causing a fall.

Thanks for the support! Just ordered the Lowering Links and Block from Soupy's. I will plan to install them this next week. I may shave a bit off the kickstand to adjust for the height temporarily until I purchase a new one. It's going to be sitting on the bike stand for the whole next month anyways.

Is color scheme the only difference in the Limited Edition models?

That and your frame is black. Other 2005 models have the raw aluminum color. All gen 1 limited editions and all 2007 models have black frames.

Enjoy your new ride! looks great :beerchug:

:welcome: what part of PA you from...im NW pa. i also run a yearly event called Haya's in the hills. this summer we will hold it in Lake George area of NY.

Thanks for the support! Just ordered the Lowering Links and Block from Soupy's. I will plan to install them this next week. I may shave a bit off the kickstand to adjust for the height temporarily until I purchase a new one. It's going to be sitting on the bike stand for the whole next month anyways.

Lowered mine about 1 1/4" in the front and 2" in the rear(used a Brocks top tree for the front and Soupy's adjustable links in the rear)and got an adjustable kickstand from T-Rex,seems like a good stand and very reasonably priced.

4-23-2013Heli-Bars006_zps3a6470c2.jpg

T-Rexkickstand5-1-2013001_zpsaf906918.jpg

T-Rexkickstand5-1-2013003_zpsae8d0fd8.jpg

T-Rexkickstand5-1-2013004_zps2563835e.jpg

Back