New owner come Monday got some ???'s

Wayneovich

Registered
Well I pulled the trigger today I will be picking up my white/silver 09 Monday.So what am I in for coming from a GSXR 600 K7. I'm not into stunting or drag racing I consider myself a mature/know my limits rider I just wanted a bigger bike to suit me (5'11" 280)

well that is what i went from as well.you will notice you wont have to ring its neck to get into the power cuz its everywere :beerchug:

Well I pulled the trigger today I will be picking up my white/silver 09 Monday.So what am I in for coming from a GSXR 600 K7. I'm not into stunting or drag racing I consider myself a mature/know my limits rider I just wanted a bigger bike to suit me (5'11" 280)

:welcome: first things first, get pictures up real quick before the pic police bust you it's the :rulez:. Now as for the bike well, More power means bigger grin factor and definetly more comfort and the mods avaliable are endless, you can make the thing into any style of ride you want it just comes down to imagination and of course the mighty $$ you have spare. Enjoy the org and ride safe.

:welcome: first things first, get pictures up real quick before the pic police bust you it's the :rulez:. Now as for the bike well, More power means bigger grin factor and definetly more comfort and the mods avaliable are endless, you can make the thing into any style of ride you want it just comes down to imagination and of course the mighty $$ you have spare. Enjoy the org and ride safe.

Will do :beerchug:

Your title says questions ?
What are they ?
Congrats on buying the fastest Busa ever made , white and silver !

How much of a difference in handling is there?

She will weigh a little more at low speeds. Get ready for lots of torque, taking off from first will take some getting used to. Also, be prepared for more braking control. Speed is deceptive, 85 on the 600 will feel like 55 on the busa, she will do 90 in first gear shifting to second. Take your time and get to know her.

The 600 handles while the Busa tracks .
Easier to change a line on the 600 but you better be sure of where you wanna go before you get there on the busa cuz A-you will arrive quick and B-once committed it's diff to change your mind !

Easier to enjoy what the 600 has around town .
Be careful on the Busa cuz as mentioned it will pull your arms off .
You will arrive much faster than you can stop !

The Busa will 'handle' just it is not a 600 , keep that in mind.
Take time to get used to the speed as it's decievingly fast .

:welcome: to the club, yo.

Have fun; ride safe, take lots of pictures!

Don't be afraid to use the mode selector until you get comfortable with it. With this machine, all you need to do is twist the throttle to get the front wheel off the ground.

Don't be afraid to use the mode selector until you get comfortable with it. With this machine, all you need to do is twist the throttle to get the front wheel off the ground.

Thanks for reminding me of the mode selector that's one of the things I have been worrying about. me being used to the throttle on the 600. I can twist the throttle on it and not have to deal with it coming up.

I have watched a few youtube videos though of non stretched busa's under hard acceleration. They did not seem to come up what is the art behind that?

P.S. thanks for the Input so far guys.

In 1st gear it will definitely come up, 2nd gear is marginal, and 3rd gear sometimes. You will notice that those guys are leaning forward while accelerating thus keeping the weight forward on the bike. I can assure you that they are not WOT in 1st gear at take off.

:welcome: It's much better on longer rides. Alot more comfortable. If you can just deal with the weight

me being used to the throttle on the 600. I can twist the throttle on it and not have to deal with it coming up.

Just feel her out, If you want that front end to come up it wont be a problem, If you dont just ease into it orrrrrrrr Stretch her.

Back