New or used bike?

Puzzled

Registered
New or Used Busa. Which way to go and why?

New is, well new! No miles, a virgin, an 04. Hond East in Ohio has them for $9195 tax and tags to be paid locally.

Used offers some cool ad ons for a few coins less. Downside is if there is an existing problem it's now mine.

What are your opinions for pricing on used bikes? I've seen 03's and 02's asking close to a new 04 price. Worth it. Or will this depend on what's on the bike? I'm after an 03 or 02 slammed, extended, piped, and PCII/II'd with a possible power adder. Not too much!
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

unless you have a particular color you just gotta have.thier seems to be some great buys on used.theres fears right here in conn thats pretty nice!

The used stuff is tuff to buy on line with all the scammers. Cycle trader has 12 hacked ads currently. Ebay has about 6/7 hacked ads. I don't want to travel more than 4-5 hours for a bike. Well maybe further for the ultimate deal on the coolest of cool looking bikes.

If you have listings for bikes in Conn. I'd like to look at them.

Used Busa's are not a bad idea providing proper research is done prior to buying, as with any used vehicle. If you go used I would just make sure that proper maintainance has been done since new. Also I wouldn't just look past dropped or downed Busa's. Cosmetic damage is often looked at severly and should be the least of your worries. Replacing plastic is easy, compared to a bike that has been mechanically neglected and needs attention.

I agree with you grabntwist on the research and maintenance part. However most ads are all claiming well maintained bikes with oil changes at unbelievably short intervals.

Because Busa's have really good resale values, I decided to buy a new one. All of the decent used ones I saw were $7500-$8000 and like you said HE has them new for $9195. I also wanted an SE with the black frame/SA and those were even harder to find. Busa'a definately hold their value better than an R1 or similar.

New or Used Busa. Which way to go and why?

New is, well new! No miles, a virgin, an 04. Hond East in Ohio has them for $9195 tax and tags to be paid locally.

Used offers some cool ad ons for a few coins less. Downside is if there is an existing problem it's now mine.

What are your opinions for pricing on used bikes? I've seen 03's and 02's asking close to a new 04 price. Worth it. Or will this depend on what's on the bike? I'm after an 03 or 02 slammed, extended, piped, and PCII/II'd with a possible power adder. Not too much!
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
i think getting a brand new busa will be a better deal unless you're looking for something in particular. i bought a 99 a couple of months ago for 7k and could have gotten a brand new one for 9800 out the door but i just have to have a naturally fast busa w/ the 220 speedo. i went to the dealer to buy a used 00 but it was sold already so the sales man was trying to convince me to go with the new one and they'll do the snipping to unstricted it but i prefer my bike bone stock with it's full capabilities w/o any mods so i went with a 99 at a different dealership.

I BOUGHT USED AND ASK PLENTY OF QUESTIONS TO SEE IF ANY OF HIS STORIES CHANGED. I THEN DROVE 200 MILES TO LOOK AT IT AND IT WAS AS HE STATED, SO U CAN FIND A NICE USED BIKE. BUT I ALSO WANTED A CERTAIN COLOR ... 02 BLACK N BLUE. IF NOT I WOULD HAVE JUST BOUGHT NEW.

GOOD LUCK AND ASK PLENTY OF QUESTIONS AND CHECK THE BIKE OVER GOOD IF BUYING FROM AN INDIVIDUAL.

BUSABROTHER BOUGHT HIS USED .. AND I BELIEVE HE BOUGHT IT ON EBAY.... SO GOOD LUCK AND BE CAREFULL.
smile.gif

Buy new, customize it your way and never have a fear of sh*tty workmanship or not being mantained properly.

Back