Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Travelers Inn

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Want to run this past the membership here on the oRg since it is YOU FOLKS who make this event possible year after year... As this event tends to get a little bigger every year it has been suggested that an alternate Hotel/Inn be selected to host us. I'm sure that were all very great full for the folks at Pointe West they have treated us very well over the last several years. But, IMOP we are do for a change in venue. So, without further ado lets put this years FALL MNG to the vote for location...

Pointe West
- Pro's, The staple location for the MNG, great location outside of town in a very secluded location. Total run of the property with a beautiful view and close to the damn for pictures.
Con's - price ($75+ a night), Not enough rooms for all members to join the fun, & very secluded location outside of town.

Travelersinn
- Pro's, Member owned, great location inside town, within walking distance of almost everything, Price ($40+ a night) Plenty of rooms and parking, fire pit and a Meeting room to host our event..
- Con's, Inside town where traffic can get hectic, won't be the only folks staying at the Hotel, & a little drive to do pictures.

Last edited:
Man Sonny, we didnt have that great of an experience last fall, the bed sucked. I would be willing to try it again if we could get a newer room. We stayed on the bottom floor in the same building as the office. If the group wants to move the event, we will of course come too, but like you said, Pointe West sure takes care of us. I just want a newer room!

Man Sonny, we didnt have that great of an experience last fall, the bed sucked. I would be willing to try it again if we could get a newer room. We stayed on the bottom floor in the same building as the office. If the group wants to move the event, we will of course come too, but like you said, Pointe West sure takes care of us. I just want a newer room!

Couldn't agree more... Bldg Four is the newest and of course the office bldg is the oldest!
Your correct that having a bad experience leaves you wondering if you'd stay there again. What was the Hotel down the street from Captains! :whistle: :poke: now that was a dive...

Couldn't agree more... Bldg Four is the newest and of course the office bldg is the oldest!
Your correct that having a bad experience leaves you wondering if you'd stay there again. What was the Hotel down the street from Captains! :whistle: :poke: now that was a dive...

Havent stayed at Captains, but I did like having the pizza joint next door and the pancake across the street. :beerchug:

How long is the poll open? We need to decide while there's still time to cancel reservations already made. Like James said, the room I had when I stayed at the Traveler's Inn last year wasn't worth $40. People checked in to the room next to me and checked out within an hour and went next door. I'll go where the group decides, but I'd hate for the hotel to leave a sour taste in someones mouth who's never been to an event before.

How long is the poll open? We need to decide while there's still time to cancel reservations already made. Like James said, the room I had when I stayed at the Traveler's Inn last year wasn't worth $40. People checked in to the room next to me and checked out within an hour and went next door. I'll go where the group decides, but I'd hate for the hotel to leave a sour taste in someones mouth who's never been to an event before.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. ??? Seriously, I am sure the hotel is fine, but they need know our group wants the newer buildings. Then I am good.

I agree we need to move on this fast.... And your correct wanna make sure that where ever we elect to stay takes care of US! There is power in numbers :thumbsup:

On a side note even your best hotel/motel can have an off day as its a service based industry. But, if its a dive lets not make chicken soup out of chicken poop... What ever the membership decides I'm good with. For the record in over 6 years of staying at the Travelers Inn I've never had a bad experience but then again I always stayed in Bldg 4!

Looks like Travelers is leading.

Just talked to Gary, this weekend is almost booked full. They only have 6 rooms available. I think I will keep my reservations at Pointe West.

Last edited:
I would be in for the Travlers if they have rooms.

Looks like Travelers is leading.

Just talked to Gary, this weekend is almost booked full. They only have 6 rooms available. I think I will keep my reservations at Pointe West.

So... Looks like we keep the Pointe West for this years Fall Bash! Based on availability and all. But, I think we continue with the poll for the Spring Bash.

we generally don't have as many people at the fall meet so there should be plenty of room for everyone at Pointe West as long as everyone got their rooms when the first thread went up...anyone who doesn't have reservations already might want to hurry as that is the problem we ran into last fall with all the car clubs in town

i think it might be a go for the Spring MnG...when we talked to him last year, he said he would put us in the back building (i am guessing that is #4?) away from everyone else if he had enough notice which would also put us close to the firepit :beerchug:

IMG_3267 (Large).jpg

Semi is right, we should book Travelers in the spring for the fall meet. Gary told me that September and November are usually booked solid.

Maybe not right now. I think we should stop in talk to them about the Spring M&G while we are there. Make sure we can get enough rooms in the new buildings(s).

Better yet stop and take a look at the site and rooms to get a feel for what they have to offer....

Back