New noob from Arkansas

Watching it right now...

Although that saying was around long before Corner Gas...

We as an army spend lots of time in Wainwright Alberta...out on the prairie...that's where I first heard that saying in the early '80s.
The family spent a lot of years living in the PMQ's at Currie Barracks.(Dad was proud PPCLI,38 years) In fact I was born there in 1964. Did you do anytime there? My Dad often cursed about the parade square I have pictured below.
You watching some Corner Gas eh? I love all the cameo's from different Canadians.Hockey players,politicians,etc. What do you think of Lacy?
Hot :drool: or not? Brent and co. wrote some decent lines.Funny shid.
Did you get another fresh dump of the white stuff again?
Beautiful and sunny here...today,not sure yet...its only o630.
Rubb.

The family spent a lot of years living in the PMQ's at Currie Barracks.(Dad was proud PPCLI,38 years) In fact I was born there in 1964. Did you do anytime there? My Dad often cursed about the parade square I have pictured below.
You watching some Corner Gas eh? I love all the cameo's from different Canadians.Hockey players,politicians,etc. What do you think of Lacy?
Hot :drool: or not? Brent and co. wrote some decent lines.Funny shid.
Did you get another fresh dump of the white stuff again?
Beautiful and sunny here...today,not sure yet...its only o630.
Rubb.
View attachment 1618822
My dad was LDSH (RC) and was posted to Calgary in the '50's/early '60s, he spent lots of time in Wainwright. He got out of the military in the mid '60s when he was posted to Ontario (where I was born). I spent lots of time in Wainwright on exercises over the years and was posted to Suffield for a year in '09...

Corner Gas is ok, Lacy is not the hottest gal in the world but ok. I've seen her in a couple movies the wife watches..the gal who plays the cop is a cute little thing though.

Nope no more snow for now, the temps are slowly rising and should be strongly in the double digits tomorrow and it looks as though those temps are here to stay...

I have to cut the grass soon so that's a good sign.

She doesn't look bad at all I can see why she caught your eye. I watched Canadian bacon about 10 years ago but thats about the extent of my knowledge about Canada. I just had a coworker move up there though he seems to really enjoy the scenery and he also informed me that the devils lettuce is legal up there.

It's hard to see in this video but I've been noticing my head light will brighten and dim quite a bit. I'm almost certain thats a voltage regulator problem but someone else's input would be appreciated. Also I noticed when i started it today it had a bit of white smoke but it cleared up pretty quick then it started a bit of black smoke when I revved it a couple times. Im not sure about the white smoke but im assuming the black smoke is fuel related. I did tank the tank off and clean it out so could that be the culprit of either? I took the tank off to retrieve some pieces that I dropped in but otherwise the tank was pretty clean. Don't ask about what I dropped in there I was being lazy and that turned into more work than just doing what I should have in the beginning.

She doesn't look bad at all I can see why she caught your eye. I watched Canadian bacon about 10 years ago but thats about the extent of my knowledge about Canada. I just had a coworker move up there though he seems to really enjoy the scenery and he also informed me that the devils lettuce is legal up there.

If you are ever allowed to cross the border again due to the Covid lock down, take a trip up here to check it out...Canada and the US are very similar, many of the same things here as there (except the far south that is).

With the internet having everything at your fingers, a trip to Canada is only a few keyboard clicks away....

Seems like canada has a few more things figured out than the states. I wonder if having 4 major parties and several smaller ones slows things down even worse than here though? Free healthcare is definitely beneficial if it's ran properly and I have no clue why it costs 3 years salary to go to college here. Poor kids are signing up for possibly the biggest debt of their life before they can fully understand what they're doing. Another question I have is what exactly do you mean "except for the far south" I dont know if I should be offended or not lol

Seems like canada has a few more things figured out than the states. I wonder if having 4 major parties and several smaller ones slows things down even worse than here though? Free healthcare is definitely beneficial if it's ran properly and I have no clue why it costs 3 years salary to go to college here. Poor kids are signing up for possibly the biggest debt of their life before they can fully understand what they're doing. Another question I have is what exactly do you mean "except for the far south" I dont know if I should be offended or not lol
Weather differences mostly....the far south doesn't see winter and gets more affected by hurricanes and such. People wise, there are a few differences but easily adapted to.

I've spent lots of time in the 'States with the military and found it easy to adapt to life there whereas many of the US troops who came here found it a bit of a challenge, especially during winter.

I get what you are saying now but we in the south get a bad reputation because of some of the idiots that live here. I'm sure just like here you guys have some that should have been culled at birth but that's not fair apparently. I would definitely be interested visiting Canada it looks awesome but I am more partial to the heat as well. I have probably seen snow a handful of times in my life and it was maybe a 1/4 of an inch and melted by the following day. I believe I have seen more ice than snow but it's fun to play on.

I get what you are saying now but we in the south get a bad reputation because of some of the idiots that live here. I'm sure just like here you guys have some that should have been culled at birth but that's not fair apparently. I would definitely be interested visiting Canada it looks awesome but I am more partial to the heat as well. I have probably seen snow a handful of times in my life and it was maybe a 1/4 of an inch and melted by the following day. I believe I have seen more ice than snow but it's fun to play on.

Come in the summer and you will have all the heat you need...the humidex around here gets very high in the summer-we can get over 100'F sometimes but it is a humid heat (which in my opinion is pretty hot).

Sadly our riding season is short in many places but we make the most of it. If the winter is decent, many ride snowmobiles which is lots of fun too....the new ones are pretty much like riding bikes.

Idiots know no border, race or religion.....they are everywhere and walk among us.

Come in the summer and you will have all the heat you need...the humidex around here gets very high in the summer-we can get over 100'F sometimes but it is a humid heat (which in my opinion is pretty hot).

Sadly our riding season is short in many places but we make the most of it. If the winter is decent, many ride snowmobiles which is lots of fun too....the new ones are pretty much like riding bikes.

Idiots know no border, race or religion.....they are everywhere and walk among us.

I’d certainly agree with that last sentence but I’d also have to add that a very large majority live below the Mason Dixon line.:confused:

I have seen some pretty cool videos of the snowmobiles and one or two hitting jumps I would never dream of. WuzzaCBXrider why don't we just gather our biggest morons and let them do the arguing instead of joining them.

I have seen some pretty cool videos of the snowmobiles and one or two hitting jumps I would never dream of. WuzzaCBXrider why don't we just gather our biggest morons and let them do the arguing instead of joining them.

It's kind of nice on a snowmobile....especially after a fresh snowfall where everything is white and sparkly.....
I gave up the sport unfortunately because either the weather wasn't cooperating or there was a cop behind every tree just waiting for you.

Back