New Music Anyone?

SnowBeltChamp

Registered
Its weird the older I get the more I stick to my old time favorites but I still love to look out for new stuff that might catch my ear.... any suggestions of something great you have heard recently that might be a little off the beaten path?

1.3518.1160398920!music%20scroll.jpg

Not sure if this fits what you are looking for, but I really like "no rest for the wicked". Its pretty new and I am always looking for new music.
Posted via Mobile Device

Im open for anything that someone considers good... I dont watch TV much or listen to the radio so Im falling behind on findinh good new music.... Who sings that? I did a basic google search and like 5 groups came up

yea that song is cool. caged elephant i think. What kind of music do you like? Help me try to help you. Everybody usually says 'i like everything'. I listen mostly to tool, nin, and older stuff.

i cant think of much new stuff that i listen to now that i think about it

Well I really do like everything from oldies to death metal to rap lol.... But lately Ive really been into super lyrical moving songs with powerful messages.... but on the other hand I picked up the new Marilyn Manson cd today and I love that so I dont know as long as it has either a good beat or good lyrics I will most likely enjoy it !

I've been tinkering around with some motorcycle vids and wanted some background music to compliment the video. After seeing several vids on YouTube that have had the sound disabled because of copyright infringement I decided to look for some "open music" (sometimes called 'copyleft').

I stumbled across Jamendo and have since found several different artists and styles that didn't know about before.

Main site:
http://www.jamendo.com/en/

and here for torrents:
http://torrents.jamendo.com/en/mp3/

Some is better than others, but all are free and legal.

Its weird the older I get the more I stick to my old time favorites but I still love to look out for new stuff that might catch my ear.... any suggestions of something great you have heard recently that might be a little off the beaten path?

Yeah bro,
check out "Me First And The Gimme Gimmes" >>>> all old classic (soppy) songs given a huge dose of up-tempo.....works for me !! :thumbsup:

All good suggestions thank you very much.... heres one for you guys its a little different hes normally a lyricist hip hop sound but this songs more rockish... check on Cage - I never knew you....

A Place To Bury Strangers
- A Place To Bury Strangers - To Fix The Gash in Your Head[/url]

These guys are absolutely amazing.
If you really wanna dig, look for the lead guitarist's previous band, "Skywave".
Similar style.
Both bands do a lot of psychadelic stuff with a 50;s straight ahead rock n roll flavor.
Very talented!
Then of course, there's a whole host of other Shoegazer stuff I can recommend: My Bloody Valentine, Alcian Blue, Slowdive, Jesus and Mary Chain, Mazzy Star etc
Lenny

Last edited by a moderator:
the new redman/method man is good. its called blackout 2. as far as moving powerful messages just listen 2 tool, perfect circle, and rage against the machine. everything a growing boy needs

I got the new 3 Doors Down cd a few months back, they do the song Citizen Soldier that is awesome.

Well the CD is great, the whole thing just rocks.

Seem to keep going back to it while riding the um scooter,

till SEPT...
:cheerleader:

My favorite new band of late is probably Black Tide. They're still just kids but they can play their a$$E5 off and the songs are in your face!

For those that might've missed it, and most did, George Lynch, of Dokken fame, put a solo album, Sacred Groove, around 1992. A couple instrumentals, various styles, and several guest vocalists. Still one of my favorite albums.

Back