New Motorcycle Land Speed Record

Copperone

One of the Few, the proud -
Donating Member
Registered
This is probably old news to most of you, but this is the first time I saw it on speed. Ack attack new land speed record for a motorcycle of 344 mph with two Hayabusa engines. Bub ran a 354 on the first pass, but we have to wait until next week to see if he can duplicate on the return run.. Any how it was pretty cool to be able to watch. Man that is fast, 344 at this point is the new record for motorcycles. It will be fun to watch next week to see what Bub does with there custom made V4.

wow.gif

(Copperone @ Dec. 03 2006,14:19) This is probably old news to most of you, but this is the first time I saw it on speed.  Ack attack new land speed record for a motorcycle of 344 mph with two Hayabusa engines.  Bub ran a 354 on the first pass, but we have to wait until next week to see if he can duplicate on the return run..  Any how it was pretty cool to be able to watch.  Man that is fast, 344 at this point is the new record for motorcycles.  It will be fun to watch next week to see what Bub does with there custom made V4.
I think he already broke it..

That was some good TV, seems drazy that you build a machine like that but you dont have a back up radio or an accurate speedo.

I guess its the little things.

Yeah, What we saw today is going to be continued next week Bubs return pass may have broken the new record, or maybe Yak broke their old record. (old new record)

Some people on forums complain about them not being real motorcycles. Technically they are cuz they're motors on 2 wheels. Motor = engine, 2wheels= cycle. There for motorcycle. The streamline deal is just a cover for aerodynamics. I've read someone on here argue about it and figured I'd make that statement.
smile.gif

(NickHayabusa @ Dec. 03 2006,18:00) Some people on forums complain about them not being real motorcycles. Technically they are cuz they're motors on 2 wheels. Motor = engine, 2wheels= cycle. There for motorcycle. The streamline deal is just a cover for aerodynamics. I've read someone on here argue about it and figured I'd make that statement.
smile.gif
I had the same debate with the girlfriend.

(runeight @ Dec. 03 2006,13:25)
(Copperone @ Dec. 03 2006,14:19) This is probably old news to most of you, but this is the first time I saw it on speed. Ack attack new land speed record for a motorcycle of 344 mph with two Hayabusa engines. Bub ran a 354 on the first pass, but we have to wait until next week to see if he can duplicate on the return run.. Any how it was pretty cool to be able to watch. Man that is fast, 344 at this point is the new record for motorcycles. It will be fun to watch next week to see what Bub does with there custom made V4.
I think he already broke it..
+1 this happened about two months ago. Wont ruin for those who haven't seen/looked it up yet.

Its cool to get that kind of speed out of a couple bike motors but it NOT a motorcycle!
bowdown.gif
Its a bullet on two wheels.

Bonneville Salt Flats saw the land speed record get shattered as Team Ack Attack drove its way into the record books. The Top 1 Ack Streamliner recorded a top speed of 360.913 mph to shatter the old record of 350.884 mph. The old motorcycle land speed record was set in 2006 by Denis Manning’s Bub Racing team. The new record has not yet been officially acknowledged and would be confirmed when the FIM meet in October.
The Machine:
The Top 1 Ack Streamliner is one mean beast that is powered by 2 turbo Hayabusa engines prducing 900hp. The vehicle is truly streamlined and looks like a knife cutting through thin air. The sleek design and Hayabusa engine made sure that the record that stood for 2 years finally took a fall.
The Thrill:
Rocky Robinson was the man in the cockpit when the Streamliner was on the record quest. Robinson’s own skill was equally essential in making sure that a steady and solid performance was put in by the Streamliner. For Robinson, it must have been one blurry rid

heres the newest record I could find 360,913 mph
[/MEDIA]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd take that ride.....I'm one of those easy-breathers when the world is blurring by.....my soul gets very quiet and relaxed....

Back