New mods (hid & tail light/air brake)

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
New mods done and the picture junkie that I am, I have no camera, (soon-to-be) ex-wife swung over and picked up the kids and they took the camera and left it in wife's van....grrrr...

Anyway, lopped off the rear air brake (mudflap) installed the clear alternatives (clear) integrated tail light/blinkers. Love it, looks very clean and the clear alternative tail light is very sweet. My Son saw it and couldn't believe how (ahem) proffesional the whole thing turned out...I got a big "Whoa..."out of him.

Second mod, got the Hids put in. 6000K lowbeam/3000K highbeam. Wow...incredibibly bright (lowbeam that is). Does make the highbeam unnecessary, which is why I went with the "fog/rain light option (3000K) as the highbeam. I must say, it is so bright I am a little worried about blinding oncomming traffic. It's not adjusted to high (matter of fact if it was just me on the planet, I would adjust it higher), it is just SOooo darn bright. I'll let you guys know if I get a bunch of highbeam flashes directed at me.

Another thing is my 6000K just seems to have just a touch of blue, not anywhere near what the pictures on the board have shown. Of course actual first hand sight and night time photography color wise are two very different things.

When I got my split kit though there was a sticker on the the high beam 9005 3k but no sticker on the lowbeam bulb at all. Just wondering if it was a 6000 or maybe even a 5000...dunno. Either way I'm very please with the results, should help being seen in the daytime, lights up the road like a football stadium at night and makes the bike look great.

Pics comming soon...

I know I know
post-6-50361-worthless.gif

You have sooooooooooo got to post pics with that high beam on. I have the low beam coming (split w/Shibumi) but I think I want to do the 3000k High beam.

Don

The only thing I got right now to take a picture is my stupid phone...I need my camera back, real soon.

I thought it was a mild pain in the azz getting the nose off and back on. I took the side panels off to. I hope I don't have to do it again. My point being, I'd hate to put the lowbeam in and then finally decide to do the highbeam and do it all over again. $100 and it's done forever, no more "I wish I woulda" or as Jinkster put it "I'm keeping this baby for a while, it deserves the best."

High beam at night for the rider, totally worthless with a Hid lowbeam. In the rain or fog however, it may just save your life...plus it looks totally smokin' on the bike.

I'm glad I did mine.

Back