Busa110

Donating Member
Registered
Hi, I'm new to the board (in fact, the first board I've ever joined!). Been lurking awhile and saw that there is a wealth of information here. I'm from Long Island, NY, and work in a local Police Dept (please don't flame me too hard). I have a 2002 Black SE Busa and a 2002 ZRX1200. Been riding about 25 years, had a Yamaha XS650, Yamaha XS1100, Yamaha FJ1100 and a Kawasaki ZX11. My wife bought me the Busa last year as a present for my promotion to Lieutenant (I was stressing myself because I didn't want the promotion but knew it was the best thing for my career). Anyway, thought I would say hello!

Hello and welcome to the obsession.

So does this mean that we get a "get outta jail free card" when it comes to speeding up in your neck of the woods? j/k, I know you gotta do your job. Enjoy your times here.

Thanks, I will help as I can! ( I know what works and what don't work in court) I've always been fair (in my mind) - there are enouigh dirt bags around that you don't have to hammer the good drivers/riders. I've only written 2 motorcyclists in my career and they both ran from me!-one had a vanity plate and ran, what a stupid kid! I've let go numerous riders, some going well over 100 mph because they were compliant and respectful. (I tell them where they can go to avoid the law if they want to play) Unfortunately, there are too many Officers that are out to burn sportbike riders because of the actions of a few! I never was one of them.

Ok, I am moving to where you live Busa110

Actually, have a spare room? lol

Welcome to the board...
beerchug.gif

I have to say, the Busa is the most incredible bike I have ever ridden! I thought the ZX11 was fast, I had no idea what fast was until I rode the Busa. And the handling, so rock stable. The bike is light years beyond my abilities, I guess partly because I'm 49 years old and have crashed a few times (years ago) and I am in tune with my own mortality.

thrasherfox- I think you have year round riding on the West Coast? Here we are under 16" of snow and it is 2 degrees outside- do you have a spare room?

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome. I gotta go, I have an invite to go goose hunting in the morning and have to get up at 0-dark-30.Thanks again!

Welcome to the board. I hope you're enjoying your wild goose chase
smile.gif
, since Mother Nature won't let you enjoy the Busa.

Welcome aboard. Lots of us LE here. You won't get flames here, awesome people.

Post up some pics of your ride...

Hey Busa110! Welcome!

I had the same question as tfox! I need a place to hid...I mean stay when I take vacation. Do you have a spare room in an un-disclosed location, with an unlisted and caller ID blocked number?
biggrin.gif

Nevermind. Thanks anyway. The wife just came home and told me I wasn't allowed to run away.
wink.gif

Welcome to the Board man... LIke The Cap mentioned all sorts of Freakin LEOs on the board...

BUt that's OK it's still mostly a honest hardworking place....
wow.gif

Can't hold anything against you though, you got one of the Fastest Busa's Built...
thumbs-up.gif
Congratulations.

Rev

Back