New Member U.K.

Ratman

Registered
Hi all, just joined to thought I would say hello.

currently have two 1999 Gen 1’s, the copper one is a recent purchase and a bit of a garage Queen only done 12,500 miles, the black and silver is my go to for a ride.

I also have a few Slabside GSXR’s that are sitting patiently in the garage for restoration.

Very Nice!!
Welcome along, I have a '99 Busa, and I had a GSXR1100G Blue and white about 20 years back, love the ol' slabsides! My mate has a Black Limited Edition GSXR1100J, he still uses it too.
Your copper Busa is a welcome sight here, we all recognize how cool and how rare that bike is.
Please post up some pics of the Gixxers! :beerchug:

:welcome: Ratman. Awesome stable. Way cool. you just missed out on this thread,could have used your help. Click here Ratman I've only been around Busa's for 20 years...:laugh: but did not have the fast answer to that.Great site,you'll love it.One big happy dysfunctional family.:D Where in the U.K. are u from? That copper could be worth some big copper one day.Why Ratman...you an' exterminator or something?
Ride on brother...
Rubb.

Welcome, we like people with great taste here on this site and you seem to be one of those people.

Great looking bikes.

Ha! 'Maybe you shouldn't be here'. Rude, but in my case, how true! Too late now, I'm in it for the long run.
Thanks, Rubb!!:bowdown:
I actually belonged to that website for a while. Had a 1998 GSXR750 & 2001 Gixxer 750. Bit of a shid-show.owner was Canadian,maybe that explains it. :laugh:
Rubb.

The gen 1 gsxr 750 and 1100 are nicknamed slabsides (or slabbies) in the UK and other places because of the flat styling compared to the 2nd gen which are referred to as slingshots. Technically only the banana swingarm 750's were called that from the factory I think, but I'm not 100% on that.
They were called Slingshots due to the type of carburetor they used

Back