New member report in

V8Pinto

Registered
Hello my name is Shane and a couple weeks ago I became afflicted with a brand new 06' LE Hayabusa.  (Now I'm wondering if the smile will ever wear off my face.)

I've ridden bikes for over 20 years and have spent the last (geez has it been this long) 12 years on a 1989 GS500E.  I used to hang in the corners with Ninjas on my GT380 two-stroke triple but the lust for corner carving has given way to other things.  I just don't want to do that anymore - what I really want is a big a$$ tattoo that says "200MPH".  Maybe on my forehead so everybody has to look at it (just kidding about the forehead thing, sort of).

I built and drive a Nitrous'd V8 Pinto that I almost turned pro in back in the day.  The Hayabusa has always been a mystical bike to me and I've finally arrived at that time in my life and was able to get one.  I walked in with cash and walked out 30 minutes later with my bike.

My favorite part was after the sale when the guy asked "where's your truck" and my wife rolled up in it and threw me my gear and the guy said "you're gonna ride it home?" and I said yeah and he got serious and looked me in the eyes and said "OK...I NEED YOU TO LISTEN TO ME....."

<chuckle> At that point, I knew this was the bike for me!

My wife's Grandpa is an old school rodder and goes to the salt flats every year - he offered to sponsor me to run the Busa (stock) and I am happily planning the trip.  If anybody has any advice on where to get my safety gear or how to prep the bike, I would be happy to hear it.  I am all about safety first...and full throttle later  
super.gif

I got the SCTA rulebook for the bike prep info and will get to work on that.  I still need to know where to buy leathers though.  Also if I should get the zippered or full length kind, boots, etc..

Ok this post is long enough - Keep the shiny side up and one wheel in the air - you get to pick which one.

Shane
306 N2O Pinto

Nice intro... thanks for keeping the peace by posting a picture! Oh, did I mention welcome to the Org? I'm sure within just a few you'll get the answer your looking for in the mean time sit back and relax. Again welcome to the Org!

Back