New Member/ Owner checking in from SW Iowa

boostforfun

Registered
20131009_141730.jpg

Just brought her home last night. I owned an 03 in the past, but have been without for the last 4 years (law school).

08 Busa
Orange/Black
17k Miles
Buell Pegs
Corbin Seat
Bar risers
Throttlemeister
Yosh r-22 slipons
Lowered

Bike is clean and quick. Future mods are going to be:

un-lower it (if this is possible... must find a way)
Slightly more touring-y windscreen
corbin rear and removable backrest
needs new tires and oil change

and then ride the wheels off it.

Glad to be part of the community.

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

Should not be an issue raising her back up. The rear links normally have adjustment holes that will allow you to go back stock and the risers or triple tree top clamp should allow you to go back stock.

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

Should not be an issue raising her back up. The rear links normally have adjustment holes that will allow you to go back stock and the risers or triple tree top clamp should allow you to go back stock.

If the guy cut the forks down it will be expensive to recover from. New forks.

Yeah, the previous owner said they "fiddled with the forks" to get it lower... whatever that means

Get on the bike as if you were riding and take some close ups of the top clamp. The ignition switch centers it. Probably need to place the phone or camera on the tank.

My forks measure 28 1/2 inches from the base of the top clamp to the bottom, just below the front axle.

Too many easy ways to lower it that would make it easy to raise it back up. Like DO3, take a picture of the top clamp and we can advise. Welcome to the oRg! :welcome:

I think your Busa is as big as that VW Bug behind it. You have my favorite color Busa. Love the orange. Welcome.

I a from southwest iowa as well being council bluffs!!! I have an 08. If you want to return it to stock height i will help! I would swap ya my stock links for your lowering links. I have a shop and we could do all the work there if you like or i can meet ya somewhere! Name is Art pm sent as well.

Viper, I am from Glenwood, just about 18 miles south. I know you know where it is because it is at the end of Highway 275 :)

I dont necessarily mind it lowered. My major concern is that we will be doing a lot of 2up riding. I am 6'3" 220, and the wife is 5'10" and pretty light for her height. Still, with it being lowered I worry that it will bottom out or drag on stuff. Opinions or experience?

Here are pics of the top clamp/forks. I just took a bunch, forgive me if there are too many.

20131009_154511.jpg

20131009_154501.jpg

20131009_154455.jpg

20131009_154440.jpg

Your busa has spacers on the top clamp to raise the bars for comfort. If you took the spacers out, it looks like it has not been lowered into the clamp to me.

I agree it just has bar risers on it the front hasnt been lowered you can tell by the top clamp its at the top of the tube.....The rear maybe lowered though. Yup i know exactly where glenwood is. I live off 275 lol. Gimmie a buzz if ya like 7123144449. Names Art. We can hook up and peek at stuff. I had a gen 1 that was lowered and i never had rub issues. But you have to tighten the rear up a bit for sure if you are 2 up and the sizes you stated. I am the same size as you roughly my wife is on 5ft though and smaller.

Great looking bike, as stated before, the rear is simple and the front isnt lowered from the tripple tree. It could have cut and internally lowered forks. As for the rear, if it has lowering links, there will usually be three settings (holes).

Back