New member of the family

Red05

Donating Member
Registered
After much deliberation and fence sitting, as well as conferring with a very kind C10, I pulled the plug and added one to the stable. I modded Tango with lowered pegs, risers and Helibars but at 61 years old, just couldn't see myself riding him from Missouri to either ocean. So, I introduce you to Stella, a 2006 ST 1300.
IMG_1423 (1).jpg

With temps in the 20's I put her to bed right next to Tango
IMG_1656.jpg

After much deliberation and fence sitting, as well as conferring with a very kind C10, I pulled the plug and added one to the stable. I modded Tango with lowered pegs, risers and Helibars but at 61 years old, just couldn't see myself riding him from Missouri to either ocean. So, I introduce you to Stella, a 2006 ST 1300.View attachment 1589715
With temps in the 20's I put her to bed right next to TangoView attachment 1589717
They are a good bike, my buddy had one and he really liked it. The exhaust sound is distinctive.

Very nice!
A bike fit for purpose, as they say.
Now you have the Busa for sheer unadulterated (did I just say that?) fun, and the ST for touring and cruising.
Well done sir.

Glad you picked that up . My brothers was a silver 07 , and was a great sled . I'm sure you will like it for the long distance rides . Did you find the center stand grab handle ?

did ya wheelie it yet ? They do it quiet well with a good rider . This guy needs a little practice , but he pulled it off anyway ;)

Thanks guys. Yes, I figured out the handle after using the rear tip over bar the first couple of times. No wheelies yet but she handles really well for a big bike. I love my Tuono but touring on it would probably kill this old dude. Even on the Busa, 5 hours a day seems to be the limit, but oh what a 5 hours it is :)

Reactions: c10
Thank you! I like the fit n finish better than the FJR and Connie as well. It also handles better despite being heavier. Acceleration isn't as good but it's not bad at all. When I want an arm stretcher, Tango (my Busa) fills that role better than I need lol.

Owned the grand pappy of that bike & used it from commuting to work.
Ah yes the ST1100. I love the looks of those. From what I've read, the owners are quite loyal. I hope to take one of your tours on STella, Tim :)

Back