New member, not an owner yet!

csjcsj

Registered
Hey folks! New member to the forum! From Jefferson, Ga!

Got a question! Found a 2002 Busa with only 2000 miles on it, titanium akrapovic exhaust, custom seat, tinted dbl bbl windscreen and a power commander 2 installed! Garage kept, pics look like it is in immaculate condition!

Guy was originally asking $7000! Have held off and held off on it! No one is really intrested in it but me! He's holding it for me at the moment!

He sent me an email the other day stating he would drop the price to a point where I feel comfortable and told me to make him an offer!

The kicker is, the bike has sat for a long time, with the same gas in it! And it no longer runs! Won't fire up and when he tries to start it the check fuel injection light comes on!

That being said, what do you think a reasonable offer would be for me to tell this guy! I have a price in mind, but trying to get others opinions! Any suggestions will be taken!

Thanks

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup: If you look around a little you might find a very nice 2008 for 7 - 7.5 K dollars. I bet he's holding that '02

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup: If you look around a little you might find a very nice 2008 for 7 - 7.5 K dollars. I bet he's holding that '02

Not quite sure what you mean by "holding" but you didn't respond to my main question! What would be reasonable offer to make on this bike, considering it only needs a fuel system cleanup! Injectors, clean the tank etc....

Fuel system could cost a lot if pump needs replacement or anything like that. I would keep looking as you can find a lot better deals even if you have to travel for them.

Not quite sure what you mean by "holding" but you didn't respond to my main question! What would be reasonable offer to make on this bike, considering it only needs a fuel system cleanup! Injectors, clean the tank etc....
5K at the most. It's apparently not running. My answer, look for another Busa. You can find some great buys. I've seen nice '08's here for 7K or 7.5K. Run Forest Run

Your ASSUMING it only needs a fuel system cleanup.... Have you fired it up...taken it 4 a test ride?? No you haven't so all you have is sum guys word on an overpriced Gen1 busa. There has been several Busa's 4 sale on here that were a lot newer and actually ran for the same price or cheaper.

@ the end of the day it's your money and time so do what U want :whistle:

Buy it for less than 5k, I am thinking 4500 at most, or walk away. No one else is interested because it is priced way too high. Like DO3 stated, there are newer bikes out there for the same or just a little more money.

Buy it for less than 5k, I am thinking 4500 at most, or walk away. No one else is interested because it is priced way too high. Like DO3 stated, there are newer bikes out there for the same or just a little more money.

i agree completely...i would offer him about 3000 and tell him i would come up to 5000 if he got it running...i wouldn't go above that because if he has let things get that bad in the fuel system, my guess is he hasn't done any upkeep on the rest of the bike either

A bike that has sat is a real bear to get running most of the time.

What if the tank is rusted and then the problems become endless. An old bike that has sat for years is nothing but a headache.

Good luck

BB

Dude, I bought my 05 in perfect condition for $6K out the door with only 1200 miles! Don't overpay, they are right. Go get an 08 or up for that amount

I would not buy an 02 unless the engine cases had been replaced from Suzuki, it os the one year that has the major flaw in the starter!
You can find a much better RUNNING bike without the hassles!

Back