New member introduction

Welcome! Post some pics soon! Oh, post some pics of the goobers bikes too!
ss011.gif

Wow, thanks for the very warm welcome everyone. I really appreciate it.

Okay, well everything went perfect today. I'm back with my new baby, but unfortunately haven't had a chance to take any pics yet. I will take some tomorrow and post them up for you guys.

So far so good on the bike. When I picked it up, it had exactly 1 mile on it, and hadn't been out of the crate for 24 hours. The ride home clocked 84 miles so far, with an hour rest around 35 miles to cool down and show it off a bit to my dad.
biggrin.gif

The only hiccup I had was immediately after I left the dealer, with about 4 miles on the bike. The temperature skyrocketed all the way *up to* the bottom edge of the red line on the temp. gauge. I was watching it like a hawk, and was about to shut the engine off, but realized that I was only a block away from the highway on-ramp, so I just kept going. Once I started moving at a faster pace (35mph +), the temperature immediately dropped back down to the normal range, and stayed there the rest of the ride home. I'm wondering if it was maybe a small air pocket in the cooling system, or maybe the thermostat stuck a little bit since it was probably the very first time it ever opened. Any ideas? So far, that was the one and only time I was stuck in traffic, so I haven't been in the same situation yet to see if it will do it again or not.

<!--EDIT|JDookie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142136662 -->

Welcome to the board,beware of an Ultra boosted busa in your area,he's got the goods and aint afraid to ride it!
wink.gif

Some new owners have experienced that same over heating problem that you described and found it to be pockets of air in the cooling system. There are threads here about how to "burp" said pockets of air out. Also, I'd make sure that your fan comes on when the temp gauge reaches just past the half way mark.

Congrats on the new ride! Welcome to the best bike site on the net man...if you can't find info you need on your toy here....it doesn't exist!!

A few must do mods; Kickstand mod. Loctite the shift shaft bolt. Adjust the headlight (if the shop didn't already)

Oh, and pics are mandatory here:p
Enjoy!

Welcome and congrats on the fastest color. My '06 did the same thing, all good since the 'burp'
smile.gif

congrats ive had mine for a month now and i cant stop given more throttle evey time im on her

Thanks again for the very warm welcome, I really appreciate it.

I'm going to have to listen for the fan because I recall never hearing anything kick on. I had someone else tell me an air bubble too, but either the fans are extremely quiet or they never came on. As far as the "burp", is there anything I have to do for this to happen or will it do it on its own?

I plan on doing the kickstand mod as soon as I get time, and what is the shift shaft bolt? I'll certainly loctite it, just need to know where/what it is.

Hello everyone, I'd just like to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Jason, and I'm from New Orleans, LA. I've been riding bikes pretty much all my life (28 now), but this will be my first Busa. My previous bike was a ZX9R, but I sold it a few years ago, and have been bikeless since then. Well, a couple weeks ago, my brother and best friend went out and bought two Raven R1's, which I did the honors of breaking in for my younger brother (his first bike), and that darned bug just jumped out and bit me! After seeing those two goobers buy R1's, I just had to go out and buy a Busa to show them what a real bike looks like! LOL

Well, tomorrow is going to be the big day. I have about an hours drive to get to the selling dealer, and will have a very nice ride home on my new black/grey busa. I ended up paying $11,600 out the door, which included $895 for a 4 year Suzuki warranty, and TT&L, etc. Actual bike price before all the add-ons was $9,500.00. Did I do okay?

After I get back with it tomorrow, I'll take some pics and share them with you guys. I already have plans to do all the usual initial mods, but haven't decided on a pipe yet. I'm thinking dual high mount HMH's, but am not sure. I can't wait!!
I paid 9450 out the door for my 06 which is about dealer cost so YES you did AWESOME. CONGRATS!!!!

I'm going with a yoshi polished set. I LOVE YOSH
biggrin.gif

Only almost a month late but welcome and conga rats on the bike. I'm from New Orleans also but currently living in Baton Rouge due to that @#$%^&* Katrina. I've seen you around the board and finally came across your intro. Hope one day we can ride, until then take it easy...
Later,
Anthony

i negotiated 13,200 out the door with 4 year extended warrenty and 3 years of maintenance and 1000 in accesserys all thrown in the mix. and that was for the 06 LE...and after the bs....i still going to make em squirm a bit come monday...hate being bullshitted

Mine did the same thing when I picked her up ... and, like yours, the red light never came on. After that, the fan always comes on about 1//2 way. I read somewhere here that it's not unusual for the fan to stick before it first comes on. Listen for it and make sure its on. Regarding the shifter linkage bolt, I saved this pic from someone on this site. Good luck!

Shifter_Bolt.jpg

Back