New member here

#1 Moses

Registered
Hi Just want to say hello. Im a long time rider who just got back into riding after many years away, Im a semi- Disabled vietnam veteran so Im kinda on a budget. I started back with a Ninja 250 I got cheap with a blown engine, repaired It and then found a ninja 500 with a bad starter clutch I repaired it. I have just picked up a katana 600 that needs some work If I can get the for around $500 Bucks and get them running I happy. Im a little rusty riding so I dont want a real fine bike yet but I took the MSF class this summer and my riding is getting better each ride. I live out side of Pittsburgh,Pa In Washington, pa I have many intrests Im into firearms Ar-15 Aks sig sauer pistols and I reload my own ammo. Some day i hope to find a nice uase Hayabusa but for now Ill be Ninja Katana guy.Great site I like that you have raffles it shoul be fun. Ride safe!
peace.gif

Welcome aboard! Lots of ex and active military here. Nothing wrong with being on a budget, i think all us military guys and gals can relate to that. Hope you had a Merry Chirstmas!

Welcome and THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!

My uncle did Vietnam a lot. 11 campaigns, and truly one of the most highly decorated vets I've ever seen. Here's a pic of him just at retirement (26 years to the day). The medals on his chest are "mini's". He's resting at Arlington.

Here's what reads on his right...

-Distinguished Service Cross
-Distinguished Flying Cross (for Heroism)
-Legion of Merit
-Bronze Star Medal with Valor (5 Oak Leaf Clusters)
-Air Medal (16 Awards)
-Army Commendation Medal
-Purple Heart Medal (1 Oak Leaf Cluster)
-Good Conduct Medal (8 Awards)
-Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal (3 Awards)
-Vietnam Campaign Medal (11 Campaigns)
-Vietnam Service Medal
-Vietnam Medal of Honor 2nd Class
-Vietnam Cross of Gallantry (with Gold Star)
-Combat Infantryman's Badge
-Master Parachutist Badge

I'm a previous Navy man, myself. Six Years Submarines and Flag Staff.

Hat's off to you for not letting your disability prevent you from pursuing your passions.

Be safe and again, WELCOME!

Scar

Gerald_Vincent_Grant__e_.jpg

Welcome and THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!

My uncle did Vietnam a lot.  11 campaigns, and truly one of the most highly decorated vets I've ever seen.  Here's a pic of him just at retirement (26 years to the day).  The medals on his chest are "mini's".  He's resting at Arlington.

Here's what reads on his right...

-Distinguished Service Cross
-Distinguished Flying Cross (for Heroism)
-Legion of Merit
-Bronze Star Medal with Valor (5 Oak Leaf Clusters)
-Air Medal (16 Awards)
-Army Commendation Medal
-Purple Heart Medal (1 Oak Leaf Cluster)
-Good Conduct Medal (8 Awards)
-Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal (3 Awards)
-Vietnam Campaign Medal (11 Campaigns)
-Vietnam Service Medal
-Vietnam Medal of Honor 2nd Class
-Vietnam Cross of Gallantry (with Gold Star)
-Combat Infantryman's Badge
-Master Parachutist Badge

I'm a previous Navy man, myself.  Six Years Submarines and Flag Staff.

Hat's off to you for not letting your disability prevent you from pursuing your passions.

Be safe and again, WELCOME!

Scar
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif
clap.gif

Not to hijack the thread (this is an apology), but looking through the images I have from his service, I thought it'd be cool to share this one.

He is my mom's brother; a Grant from the Ulysses S. Grant line.

Parachute4__e_.jpg

hello.gif
Welcome to the board. Nothing wrong with working your way to the top, several folks here have came from Katanas to their Busa.
Glad you found us, and we do love pictures..
ThumbsUp.gif

Welcome to the board! Previous Katana owner and current military member. Thanks for your service. This is a great place and you'll find the people are absolutely great!

Back