New Member here

Nina

Registered
Hey guys and girls!

Im a new member here from Florida.. Looking forward to browsing ..

Ive been having some issues with my busa lately so was hoping to get some answers on this forum..
Love my busa but jeez its a money pit. :( Ive spent around 2k in past 2 months just in repairs...and still having issues.

I had a clicking sound coming from the back wheel. Thought it was bearings.. purchased new ones and had suzuki replace them ...when a week later the sound came back even stronger. Anyone knows what could this be?! Im attaching the link of the problem

Its a beauty tho.. here are some pix.

Holy crap! That is a serious bike with a whole whack of mods...welcome.

As for the issue you are experiencing...it could be a myriad of things...

Chain rubbing on the chain sliders? doesn't sound like a caliper or rotor rub.

It must be something simple, something is contacting the chain I figure....

Welcome to the forum from another Floridian in the Tampa area @Nina. I had a similar sound one time, but not nearly as loud and all it took was a chain adjustment and good cleaning and lube and it was gone. Not saying your fix will be as simple as that, but maybe one of your chains needs to be replaced? The only other advice I have is, buying parts in hopes of fixing the problem, without knowing exactly what the problem is, gets really expensive. If you are near Sarasota, maybe roaring toyz can help you pinpoint the problem and fix it.

Good luck with your bike and share the fix, when you get it squared away.

A over torqued axel will do make that sound also. What the new set up might not take what the dealership knows.
Start with axel TQ, check both chains next, the wheel/sprocket chain alignment & the very likely culprit if you have a jack shaft last. They constantly transfer alot of power but are not efficient can wear badly or even break over time.

Take it back to the suzuki dealer/shop that replaced the wheel bearings, put it back on them to find out exactly what is causing this noise and tell them you are not happy that they missed this issue during the work they did on it.
You may very well get some sort of discount on the repair.
Good luck Nina, you will need it.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and your input.
I wish it was a chain but in person the sound is coming straight from the back wheel :/
I feel defeated in trying to figure out what it is.
Im taking it back to another shop on Friday to see if they will have any luck.

On another note I am putting on an air suspension.. any recommendations?

Back