New Member / Buying Busa

pencapchew

Registered
Just wanted to say hello, been looking into buying a bike for a bit and have read quite a bit on this forum, know many of your posts very well. Decided on a Busa and have my eye on a 99 w/ a 1397 kit (Brocks), not sure what I should be looking for as far as what to expect for maintenance, how to tell if it has been beat etc? We'll say bike has 8000 mi and 1397 has approx 3k and lets say priced between 5 & 6k? Will say it looks incredible, been looking / researching for about a year and the 99 is my favorite year. It does have some other treats on her but don't want to get to into right now <slow typer>. Well, thats about it, look forward to reading quite a bit more as a member. Any questions, comments, whatever, good to be here. Thanks for checking out my post.

Rob

Welcome Rob, good luck with the new purchase or whatever bike you end up with. In my opinion, any bike that is modified to run faster has been just that, run harder than a stocker. But, there are the bikes that are modified and meticulously maintained. Ask for records, check the chain, oil, anything that would give a clue as to how she was treated. If the bike does not have the basic maintenance items taken care of, could be sign major issues are not taken care of either. But, I also have to say that some stockers are beat on too. Its just hard to tell, so look her over carefully. :welcome:

:welcome: , now its just my opinion but other than pounding on the bike, what other reason would there be to do the 1397 ??? Not too many people are gonna do it to a good running engine just for the braggin rights.

PPI (PrePurchase Inspection) will give you an idea on the health of the bike (particularly gremlins that may not be readily apparent from a visual inspection alone)

:welcome: to the .org
Look it over carefully, check the color of the oil in the window, condition of the chain and back sprocket, etc. Also listen to it run, see if there's any weird noises. If there's any chance you can take it for a test drive, by all means do that too..!!

:welcome: to the Org. and ALL the above is recommended :thumbsup: ! Just make sure YOU know what your Buying :beerchug:

Thank you all, appreciate the advice. As red1100cc advised, I will post up a couple photos that were sent when I get home, so this post won't be completely worthless. Really wasn't expecting so many replies so quickly and thanks for the welcome.

welcome and i hope you enjoy the 1397 as much as i do!!!
and yes as i have learned pics are a must here!

Now, this isn't my ride yet, this one may never be MY ride so I don't feel right throwing up the photos, possibly jinxing myself- but if I was selling it, I would mind a prospective buyer showing it so, here it is..... Going to look Saturday as long as he still has it (3 1/2 hour ride down)

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Anyway, I am near Lowell, MA, about 30 min N of Boston (probably less for quite a few of you)....Notice any gremlins, let me know....

Thanks

EDIT: Going to try ad re-size & replace these photos

Last edited:
Thats a pretty nice bike. Not digging the blue rims or windscreen but hey! you like what YOU like but yeah its a nice busa :thumbsup:

Back