New member, and a question

IG.

Registered
Hey, everyone, new member is here.

I frequent katanaplanet, gixxer.com, sportbikes.net, and cycleforums.

Been riding for 3 years on Kat 600, and pretty much decided to get a used Busa, maybe this fall, maybe next fall. Depends on the price. Want to try to stay within $5k, and get liability only.

Anyway, this is a question for those who switched to Busa after Katana 600. I am curious to know how Hayabusa felt after Katana 600.

P.S. I am not asking whether I should get a Busa.

Dunno about from a Kat 600, but campared to the Kat 750? It is truly night and day... They are still bikes, but the handle and power will leave you wondering if you are really qualified...at least for a week or so. The Big Busa handles better than my 750 did and of course has about twice the torque and power. It's simply a different (Better) world where you spend all day looking for places to go fast and turn....

A 1988 Katana 600 was the first bike I ever owned. There is definitely NO comparison. When you hit top end on the Kat, that would be about the time you shift from 3rd into 4th on the Bus, and the power just keeps on coming.

Good luck, you'll be glad you moved up.

I have gone from riding the Busa down to a Kat 600 and let me tell you there is one heck of a difference. (My Busa was in the shop and they let me ride their Kat while I waited.)

I switched from riding a Kat 750 to a Busa 2 months ago. All I can say is that when you punch the Kat you get good acceleration. When you punch the Busa, well, you've got to hang on for dear life. The torque and hp are simply incomparable. Also, the handling of the Busa is like riding in a Cadillac while the Kat was like riding in the smallest Kia auto. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed my Kat. But, the Busa is simply the best and baddest.

I switched from riding a Kat 750 to a Busa 2 months ago.  All I can say is that when you punch the Kat you get good acceleration.  When you punch the Busa, well, you've got to hang on for dear life.  The torque and hp are simply incomparable.  Also, the handling of the Busa is like riding in a Cadillac while the Kat was like riding in the smallest Kia auto.  Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed my Kat.  But, the Busa is simply the best and baddest.
:drool: :drool: :drool:

I had a YZF600 Thundercat before the Busa. I felt HIGH when i drove the Busa! You can do the transition in a very smooth way if you want, just like I did. If your're used to bikes over 80hp you can drive a Busa nicely if you don't dare too much to go over 8000rpm in the first few days. Then, you get used to da Bike... and hell breaks loose :)

I rode a Kat 600 for about four months, it was my first bike and I didn't like it much.....I bought the Busa with four months riding experience and the first time I really hit it I thought "what the hell did I buy this thing for", but then I took it easy and got used to it and I love it. Just respect it until you feel comfortable......yeah, I only have a year and a half riding experience, but I've got 26,000 miles in that year and a half, not including track time.

Go get one.....you'll love yourself for it, just respect it.

Back