New machine in the garage.

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
....that I have no idea how to use :laugh:

A buddy picked up a lathe today and I get the honor of housing it. He paid about a third of its new cost and its in pretty good shape. The previous owner used it to make custom pool Cues, didn't get his name or company, but he's in upstate NY with me.
The friend that bought it is a machinist by trade so he'll be able to pump out some pretty cool stuff, ill assist by asking questions :laugh:

ForumRunner_20130203_011648.png

ForumRunner_20130203_011648.png

Hey that is a nice looking lathe. I had one like that a while back. If you would like to pass it on I have a few cutting tools he might could use. They have never been used. Tell him to make me an offer and pay the shipping. They are 1/2 in. Here is a pic

DSC_0011.jpg

Can you turn metal on it or just wood? Does it have any automated control capability?

Semi-automated I think, its got bars, screws and gears that do stuff, no computer component tho.

8ball, he's said he's stilll got a lot of cutters from his last lathe, thanks for the offer though :thumbsup:

We have the exact same one in our shop on base. I use it to polish 105mm shells for awards and also make our "local man tools". Its a great machine! You can pretty much make anything! (Unless you are on a base, then everything made is monitored because of wear and tear associated as well as costs.)

just don't wreck the tool into the chuk. :rulez:

make some pegs and grips.
maybe a info storage tube out of aluminum.
custom darts.
a screw jack.
a step pin.
a ring mandrel for making jewelry.
thread some gun barrels.
velocity stacks.
build a mortar MORTAR BARREL
or even an engine. McCabe

good luck and have fun! :thumbs:

Back