New M109 sure is pretty!

E Zurcher

Registered
If I were going to buy a bike just for cruisin, this would be the one!

122-1305-02-o+2014-suzuki-M109R-BOSS+.jpg

agreed only cause the V Max price seems a little overpriced :laugh: If the V Mac was a little more expensive than the M109 they would be all over the place:whistle:

I like the Vmax but have never sat on one. I think the intakes would get in the way of my knees due to my height. It's a very different type of cruiser than the M109. Almost like a "Naked Sport Cruiser" to me. I definitely would like to try out the 200 HP and 165 Lb Ft of torque though!!!!

We sell a lot of Galfer rear floating rotors (massive brakes) to guys in Russia with that bike.

One of my buddies went from a Busa to a 109 . It was a great bike , he let me take it for a spin and it was really smooth.

Agreed!

My next bike will be a Harley Electra Glide. Primary reason is to go touring with the wife and due to my size it's the only bike we both feel comfy on and she wants all the bells and whistles. I'd get a Wing if I/we didn't feel so cramped on it. I'm getting it in 2 years when my Busa is paid off. Unfortunately, that means another five years after that before I could even think about that 109. Hmmm 7 years.........

I would look at ways to make the Wing fit your frame before getting a Harley. If you not buying new I would look at the used market... lots of deals out there.

Almost forgot ! Yes... that M-109 has always struck ms as a beautiful cruiser. I like them with the bright colors and shiny wheels... not so big on the "black trend" that has caught on for many years

I went busa to m109r back to busa...

They are fun bikes, very heavy, but they move for there size

clutch shuddar/trans problems. scary to think about all the problems the 109s still having they are not cheap i looked at one but bought the busa glad i did. sweet looking and a powerful cruser for sure. but my buddy is a bike mechanic at a suzi dealer and said buy the busa stay away from the 109s to many in the shop and susuki hasent or wont fix the problems with them to date i went online and sure enough:2cents:

I went for a test ride on the M109R and it was a nice bike but the wifey wasn't to comfortable so we rode a Harley Street Glide and ended up buying one and haven't looked back . Very comfortable and Harley has made some improvements over the older models .

I had and enjoyed the 109. But it got old scraping pegs in turns. I needed room in the garage and something had to go. It sold in about 2 days for what I had into it. Great bike. Had brute force. Different kind of power. Ate Harley's like a cheap appetizer. Different class of bike and ride. I still have the Busa.

clutch shuddar/trans problems. scary to think about all the problems the 109s still having they are not cheap i looked at one but bought the busa glad i did. sweet looking and a powerful cruser for sure. but my buddy is a bike mechanic at a suzi dealer and said buy the busa stay away from the 109s to many in the shop and susuki hasent or wont fix the problems with them to date i went online and sure enough:2cents:

I'm still a VERY firm believer that the clutch/trans problems are rider related. Most people that complain of the clunky trans haven't ridden a cruiser before, and most people that complain of the clutch shutter have never ridden a BIG twin. These bikes aren't Honda CBR's, they are quirky, POWERFUL V-twins. You can't compare how they run/behave to how a sportbike or a standard behaves.

Back