New luggage on the way

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Well as always I want to share information with the members on the good or bad experiences that I have. I ordered the touring package from Ventura this week, I ordered the touring kit that comes with a 51 liter bag and I also ordered a second bag. The two bags will zip together ang give me 110 liters of storage (Sounds like a lot) and it uses the same bracket to mount to. I spoke with the staff at the shop this morning and they are shipping my bags standard from Seattle to Okc for 15.00 and I should have them in about 4 business days.

When I get them in I will do the usual photo and review to let you all know how the whole enchilada turns out... It will be interesting to see how well the luggage works on the trip to the Stampede...

I wanted something that I could very easily take my clothes and things into the hotel at night but still provide a lot of room.

Lets see what happens over the next week or two.....

VENTURA LUGGAGE LINK

image.jpg

cap

image.jpg

Captain I was able to try one of the members Ventura set up I liked it so well I ordered both bags and all three racks. The set up works awesome. It's like having a small kid on the back who doesn't move. Congrats a very good set up for the Busa! Wardie

I put four days worth of clothing plus shoes and toiletries in one bag and my tent, ground cloth, sleeping bag and thermorest in the other bag. I flipped the rack to face me so the heavier bag was over the seat not the tail. Made it better for handling. Wardie

They worked very well for my CO. trip. I love how easy they are to get on and off.

Its a great system, improvised our own bags to cut down cost/space and have done countless trips with them.You can not really do any better!:thumbsup:

Good choice Cap, top of the line! Boy, you ordered BOTH bags, I've gone for a week with just one bag......you'll have plenty of space. (nice thing about the double is one can serve as chemicals, tools, bike cover, rain clothes, carrier while the other is clothing, toiletries and such). AND no touchy paint ever! Doyle

P1010479.JPG

Agree :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Used it on a 12 day east coast trip and back, plenty of room.

3500 miles, 4 days and I tried the bag both ways... this was a lot easier mounting the bike but you could pull a 80 mph wheelie too :) (this was PMRA trip to your house)

Looks like the bags are better quality now.. still need the small bag for my setup..

DSCN3234.JPG

Good choice Cap, top of the line! Boy, you ordered BOTH bags, I've gone for a week with just one bag......you'll have plenty of space. (nice thing about the double is one can serve as chemicals, tools, bike cover, rain clothes, carrier while the other is clothing, toiletries and such). AND no touchy paint ever! Doyle

If it keeps up at this pace I will need one to put Trekkie's body in after I kill him on the trip... Once toss over the edge of the Rio Grande and I'm in the clear!

ouch... that hurt.

I would not steer you wrong Cap, Ventura system works for me............ last year somewhere in VA.

IMG_0214.jpg

Last edited:
i have the Ventura with the two big bags and there is plenty of room to pack for an extended trip...like raydog said, i use the front bag for clothes, toiletries, and electronics and the other for my hump, tools, cleaners, leather pants, rags, etc...make sure to get the rain cover for the double bag set-up, it works well except for the bottom of the back bag when you have a Mototeck undertail and no shovel on the rear :whistle:

Doyle1.jpg

i have the Ventura with the two big bags and there is plenty of room to pack for an extended trip...like raydog said, i use the front bag for clothes, toiletries, and electronics and the other for my hump, tools, cleaners, leather pants, rags, etc...make sure to get the rain cover for the double bag set-up, it works well except for the bottom of the back bag when you have a Mototeck undertail and no shovel on the rear :whistle:

Dang it, Semi! Who'da thunk you could haul your living room sofa, too!?!! :laugh: jk...

This is obviously taking serious to a whole 'nuther level! You guys have a good 'un! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Congrats, Cap...never used the stuff myself, but it appears to be well reputed!!!

:beerchug:

:cheerleader: <==Reno

Dang it, Semi! Who'da thunk you could haul your living room sofa, too!?!! :laugh: jk...

This is obviously taking serious to a whole 'nuther level! You guys have a good 'un! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

i'm just traveling light compared to some others :laugh: here's a pic of Lucy sitting next to GSXcite's rig as we are getting ready to leave Eureka Springs this year

it is nice to be able to actually have enough room to take the stuff you need with you and the Ventura system rides great as long as you make sure the bags are balanced evenly side to side :beerchug:

IMG_0261 (Large).jpg

Both the Mrs and myself have the Ventura set-up and love it.... Although I went to hard bags on the Gen II, I have nothing but praise for this soft bag system. Did you order from Amy?

Did you order from Amy?

Yeah the scary part is that she knew who I was when she got my order and my email was on there.. Amy said she has been lurking over here for years.... Amy I'm looking for you if you see this!

Back