New, louder horn for me

Has anyone installed this on their Gen2.
Wondering about the amp draw.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-soundbomb-mini-horn

Revzilla says it will "work/fit" my bike.
I trust all of you more than I trust them.

Thanks in advance for your time.
There are several threads on horn upgrades around the forum. Some people separate the different components to mount them components in different locations. I looked into it a long time ago, but never got around to doing it.

Struggle with air horns for several years before giving up. Could never get them to work with enough current to the air pump.

Finally ended up going with the PIAA twin kit, high & low gives a nice toot toot rather then beep beep, much louder. Was challenging figuring out where to mount two horns on the Gen-II. Less room inside the fairing nose than my Gen-I. This size horn is too big to mount in the stock location above the radiator. I built my own twin harness, and plugged it directly into the stock plugs which made wiring super-easy. On the right, it easily mounted topside on the air intake, on the left side air intake, I mounted it on the underside, but had to cut a small hole out to reach in to secure my nut, thus the black duct tape that no one will ever see to plug the hole.

In the end, it worked great and the horn is loud enough to get peoples attention. Problem I have is leading tours in the countryside, people don't see you or don't care or don't notice the gaggle of 10 bikes headed straight for them because we're on 'their' road. Got used a lot, more than you'd initially think. Well worth the work to take all the plastic off (which is a huge pain).

7506165344_4825d5665a_o.jpg
DSC09900 by Tim Mayhew, on Flickr

There are several threads on horn upgrades around the forum. Some people separate the different components to mount them components in different locations. I looked into it a long time ago, but never got around to doing it.

Thank you sir.
I will keep checking as well.

Hope you have a great day and a safe ride.

CadOps

Struggle with air horns for several years before giving up. Could never get them to work with enough current to the air pump.

Finally ended up going with the PIAA twin kit, high & low gives a nice toot toot rather then beep beep, much louder. Was challenging figuring out where to mount two horns on the Gen-II. Less room inside the fairing nose than my Gen-I. This size horn is too big to mount in the stock location above the radiator. I built my own twin harness, and plugged it directly into the stock plugs which made wiring super-easy. On the right, it easily mounted topside on the air intake, on the left side air intake, I mounted it on the underside, but had to cut a small hole out to reach in to secure my nut, thus the black duct tape that no one will ever see to plug the hole.

In the end, it worked great and the horn is loud enough to get peoples attention. Problem I have is leading tours in the countryside, people don't see you or don't care or don't notice the gaggle of 10 bikes headed straight for them because we're on 'their' road. Got used a lot, more than you'd initially think. Well worth the work to take all the plastic off (which is a huge pain).

View attachment 1590084
That's really Awesome.
The Denali says its needs about 5+amp to function.
I would love to get the PIAA, save for the price.

Ride safe.

And thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have put a Stebel in every bike I have owned for many years. Very loud and does get noticed.
I wire them in parallel with oem horn so that if something fails, the oem will still beep. I tuck it under my fuel tank in my gen 2.
Troy

Very cool, thanks for the tip.

There IS something about that color combo which is striking isn't there?

There is.
Mine is a '13, White/Blue Pearl.
When the sun hits it, the Blue really stands out.
I installed Blue shorty levers last summer.

Along with some other cosmetic mods.

Im finishing up some updated pics to post.
Soon to follow.

Its 63 and cloudy today, gonna wait until the sun comes out to do so.

Wheels Down.

There is.
Mine is a '13, White/Blue Pearl.
When the sun hits it, the Blue really stands out.
I installed Blue shorty levers last summer.

Along with some other cosmetic mods.

Im finishing up some updated pics to post.
Soon to follow.

Its 63 and cloudy today, gonna wait until the sun comes out to do so.

Wheels Down.
Awesome;
Please show us pictures when you are ready, they are always welcome.

Back