New Look For Next Year

There is a renegade track here that just recently started requiring helmets. I'm not sure they require jackets. There used to be Harley guys wearing wife beaters and no helmets.

Finally got to the track to run Friday. I decided to add nitrous since my other bike has issues right now. This is a motor pass and the first nitrous pass ever on this bike. I was not sure what was going to happen but it all worked out ok. I will have to gear up if I want to get serious about optimizing the nitrous setup. I didn't purge and only had 800 pounds of bottle pressure on a 44 hp jet so I'm sure it will be more aggressive the next time.

The mph's are off on the motor pass. When the angle of the sun is just right the sensors miss the small profile front tire on the bike and pick up the body so depending on which sensor gets missed the mph is high or low. The sun was not an issue for the nitrous pass.

Berth best passes 04May18 small.jpg

Finally got to the track to run Friday. I decided to add nitrous since my other bike has issues right now. This is a motor pass and the first nitrous pass ever on this bike. I was not sure what was going to happen but it all worked out ok. I will have to gear up if I want to get serious about optimizing the nitrous setup. I didn't purge and only had 800 pounds of bottle pressure on a 44 hp jet so I'm sure it will be more aggressive the next time.

The mph's are off on the motor pass. When the angle of the sun is just right the sensors miss the small profile front tire on the bike and pick up the body so depending on which sensor gets missed the mph is high or low. The sun was not an issue for the nitrous pass.

View attachment 1580911
what kinda rear shock? its workin man,

Stock shock. They work fine on mild bikes. My buddy has been 1.20 sixty on his at 73 inches with stock motor and nitrous with the stock shock.
my big ass gave my stock shock hell after I stretched it.. my 2002.... needed spring at a minimum

Dennis, what's under that clutch cover? Gen 2 MTC? 1.30 is killing it! Nice work. You gained 10+ mph with a single 44 jet @800psi? Fuel system upgrades?

On the blue bike I'm running an old Rock Solid. On my grey bike I have a Hayes Revolution which is a copy of the Rock and I've been 1.25 on that one ... looking for a 1.23 this year. It's all about getting the setup right, not so much about rider skill compared to a hand clutch.

The actual mph on the motor pass was probably around 156 so a solid 10 mph from the nitrous is realistic. No fuel system upgrades on the blue bike. On the grey bike I've sprayed 80 hp and just went to 50/50 injector balance and then tuned of course.

that is moving dude. I got the track last weekend too. ran 8.90 at 156. that was with a 1.6 60 foot. I was pretty rusty ..... some day I will make the move from hand clutch to a better track clutch set up. bike still sees the street.

Back