New Lid Time..Just bought a Shoei RF1100 Diabolic Revelation..

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
To replace my old Shoei X11 Chris Vermulen TC5..

old:

shoei4.jpg

New:

2010-Shoei-RF-1100-Diabolic-Revelation-Helmet-TC-5.gif

I truely still love the quality and graphics of my old X11 but it's a size large and having lost 80lbs in the past few years (and my teeth) it no longer fits my head..thought about just replacing the liners but it's just to big for my melon and it truely sux when ya hit a bump and it rolls over your eyes! LOL!...even though it's never been dropped and still looks like new?..it's 5 years old and not sure i should even attempt selling it..might just maqke a hanging swag lamp out of it or sumpt'in..dont know yet..shame though..it's a beautiful lid..that said?..i drove 50 miles south to cycle gear yesterday to shop lids as a bud of mine recently bought a flip face BUILT for like $100...i went with the mindset that i didnt wanna spend any more than i had to and was going for a bargain lid (like a BUILT or 7-0-7..was even thinking oneal triade bluetooth) but...after riding an X11 for 5 years?...they all seemed like junk..and always being a shoei fanboy..and the only lid i ever regretted buying was a $199 scorpion?..i just couldnt bring myself to buy a bargain brand lid..i'm spoiled and knew in the end i wouldnt be happy and since i do keep/wear my lids for 3-5 years?..spending good money after bad is the worst deal in the house so?..it was "Show Me The Shoei's" LOL!..and love my new Diabolic Revelation angels and demons theme..at a distance?..it's got cool slashing white/silver graphics on black then as my eye gets closer it's met with excrusiating detail from the flaming demon low and rear to the ghosted metalic/chameleon angels up top..and i love this lid..bought it in a "medium" an fitment is as it should be..tight..but not headache tight or uncomfy and not so much as a wiggle at speed or during head checks..prolly doesnt flow as much air as my old X11 but dang close and is quieter which i'll appreciate on those longer rides..all in all?..I love my new RF1100 Diabolic Revelation and the jacked pic above doesnt do it justice..it's really got some awesome artwork so..maybe later i'll post some good pix of it if there's any interest in such and as a sidenote?...The dude at cyclegear told me he couldnt give me my 10% off military discount that i've gotten there many times before..when i asked why not?..his response was that he's selling me the lid for the stickered price of $469...and get this..he was in the middle of marking up all tghe shoeis and arias..said my lid was getting marked up too $529 that day..when i asked why the mark up?..he said cause both shoei and aria lost 1/2 their workforce to the quake/tsunomi and prodution is down at both facilities as shoei and aria are still made in japan..dont know if he was BS'ing me or not but..figured i'd run that by you sharper guys for thoughts and opines..anyways..real happy with the diabolic and yes..i also sprung for the $49 dark smoke visor to go with it..hey..i live in south floriduh! LOL!

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Bo! LOL!...i was trying to figure out where you saw the humor and re-read my own crap i typed and came to the following conclusion..

"I'm living proof that old squids never die...they just evolve into toothless rednecks recovering from addiction and diabetes!"

LOL @ Self! :laugh:

I'm 53 now and have owned Oren Ishii (my '03 genI) for 7 years now..last friday morning i was headed out to work and wifey says.."what?..you're not taking coffee?"...i told'er "No dear..i'm taking the bike today and the lid on my travel mug is leaking..i need to buy a small thermos..i'll just hafta drink the shop coffee today"..(which she knows i hate cause it tastes like it was made from swimming pool water..city chlorine)..so then in a lame attempt to screw with me she says.."Ya know Bill..I see some of those Harley Riders and they have cup holders on their bikes."...i had a 2 word response for her and it wasnt "goodbye dear". LOL!

I love that helmet. I saw one at the local shop and loved it. hoping to get one for x-mas LOL

Nice skid lid.

i gots the same one :p love the skull on the back, i went with the blue mirror lens tho

Thanks guys..and yeah..the young sales dude at cycle gear tried to get me to spring for the $89 blue mirrored visor but..1. I got better things to do with the extra $40, 2. I dunno if things have changed but last i heard those coatings tend to scratch/flake/craze easily and finally?..3. It's primarily a base color of black on the lid and i think black on black justv looks better and more fitting to the theme of things..to each their own..that said?...i just did an 80miler this morning..NA meeting at jensen beach..then to my parents in stuart for an egg omlet and coffee then back home via I95 to port saint lucie..a good mixed loop of backroads and interstate super slab riding with this new lid and?..

Pros:

1. I think this dang thing flows as much air as my old X11 did and does so in a much "Quieter" way.

2. Extremely stable at speed even during extreme head checks with..

3. Zero "whistling"..the visor is in fact air tight..and did i mention stable?..even during extreme angle head checks.

Cons:

1. It's mostly Black..and as i left it locked to the helmet hook on the side of my busa..in the hot sun..for a 1 hour NA meeting at THE BEACH..the side facing up was HOT!..when i first put it on...duh..i could actually feel it was hot on that one side for a full 5-10 minutes od riding but the high flow venting got it neutralized quicker than i figured it would and for those first 5 minutes i was like..dang..how dumb could you be buying a black lid in florida..i even momentarily thought of capitolizing on the 7 day return policy and trading it back in for the mostly white "Diabolic Divinity" model..till it cooled back off so quickly..then remembered the 2 reasons why i didnt get the mostly white divinity model...1. My daughters said "Dad..imagine what that thing will look like during love bug season."..and..2. My daughters said "Dad..The pearl white on white lacey stuff looks a little girly."..and i thought..yep..i'll suffer with the black..besides..winter is soon approaching..and black may soon be a benefit..had a lot of sub 30's mornings the past few winters down here..and maybe by early spring?..i'll try to get over my homophobia and spring for the revelations not-so-evil twin..the white divinity model..then i'll have RF1100 Black/White, Winter/Summer models to choose from and yes..i truely like the RF1100 series that much..imnsho?..they offer up Top Shelf performance at a fairly mid range price. :)

L8R, Bill. :cool:

i had a 2 word response for her and it wasnt "goodbye dear". LOL!

Heh... I'm sure she took your comment in the spirit intended.... :laugh:

The Diabolic Revelation graphics are awesome! A damn spendy helmet, but the Good $hit always costs more.

yeah, i thought about the dark smoke lens, and yeah i thought about the 40 bucks cheaper price, but the blue mirror goes good with my blue bike, thats was my reasoning lol... as far as the graphics go, i love em. and ive been thinking about getting a modified version of the demon on the back as my next tattoo

Heh... I'm sure she took your comment in the spirit intended.... :laugh:

The Diabolic Revelation graphics are awesome! A damn spendy helmet, but the Good $hit always costs more.

Yep..at our age we call that sorta talk "hall sex' LOL...and yeah..the grahics lids were $469 and the solids (if i recall correctly) were either $369/$389 but..i've been down that bargian lid road before and when i do buy lids for $200 or less i'm usually left unhappy with my purchase and re-shopping lids in a year or less,,but when i drop the cash for a great lid?..i usally wind up not wanting to give it up and wering it for the full 5 years like i just did with my X11..and for the extra $80-$100 it appeared to me that the graphics and extra effort were well worth the price dif..besides..busa + bo-bo lid dont add up to me..or anyone else i know. LOL!

yeah, i thought about the dark smoke lens, and yeah i thought about the 40 bucks cheaper price, but the blue mirror goes good with my blue bike, thats was my reasoning lol... as far as the graphics go, i love em. and ive been thinking about getting a modified version of the demon on the back as my next tattoo

Gotcha...blue busa?..understandable..mines an 03 silver/gray. :)

Back