New leathers...

trip

Donating Member
Registered
A stupid question... but

I bought these new leathers online and I'm wondering about the fit...

It's a two piece set and the pants feel fine after wearing them for a bit, but the jacket is pretty snug. (Tight in the chest and gut)

When I zip them together, I feel like I'm wearing a wetsuit. With a wetsuit, the tighter, the better, but...

How tight are these supposed to be? They're not exactly uncomfortable, I was kind of hoping they'd be big enough to wear some clothes under, so I wouldn't always have to carry a bag...,
but I'm thinking that's not their purpose anyway.

Any thoughts?

Thanks !

..., trip

PS - I'm really happy with the look and feel, and you can't beat the price...

Shift racing is liquidating these models, so their selling for half price. ($300.00) Check it out here -

http://shop.shiftracing.com/ecomm....03F.jpg

Stretch, well not much ! Sorry
sad.gif
, but what they will do is solfen over a period by wearing them. To  me they sound like they're too tight in the first place. They should NEVER feel like your wearing a wet suit ! I suggest you send them back for a one size up grade. I've found most motorcycle gear is sized one size smaller than you ware ? Why, because most are made in Europe (European size) or in Asia with sizes based on European sizes and converted to US size. Which will never quite work
blush.gif

Pants seem to stretch a little but jackets never seem to stretch at all.

I'm dying to get a one-piece suit but I'm just worried about squishin' the family.

laugh.gif

--Wag--

Well I wore them yesterday for a few hours and I think part of the problem is I'm just not used to wearing them at all. Yes they're snug, but the pads took awhile to settle and get used to. After awhile, they felt great. I'm not sure if I was getting used to them or if they did streach a bit, but I'd guess it was a combination of the two.

Now I just have to work on the extra two inches I wear in my belly... then they'll be perfect!

Thanks for the input!

..., trip

Got new leathers about 2 months ago and thought they were to snug and thought about retruning for next larger size, but even at this point it has begun to stretch and has plenty of room. And this is with 1.7mm thickness of leather...compared to the average of about 1.1-1.4mm.

NOTE: Go buy yourself some quality conditioner like Lexol and apply...it really relaxes the leather for a better fit in tighter areas.

Got new leathers about 2 months ago and thought they were to snug and thought about retruning for next larger size, but even at this point it has begun to stretch and has plenty of room.  And this is with 1.7mm thickness of leather...compared to the average of about 1.1-1.4mm.

NOTE:  Go buy yourself some quality conditioner like Lexol and apply...it really relaxes the leather for a better fit in tighter areas.
+1

The leather will stretch....Just give it time and a few rides in the triple digits. The sweat and you moving will stretch it and make it more comfy for you.

I went thru 3 leather jackets before I found one that fit. The Joe Rocket speedmaster is the bomb. Fits true to size. Alpinestar's fit small and The Vanson didn't have a waist adjustment so it has to be tailored to you from the get-go.

Back