new kawi h2

Well you don't really need fancy stuff to get 200 hp out of a 1340cc engine. Forced induction is going to have a better powerband down low but you can easily get to 220 with a 1400 or 1500 and have a streetable bike. The supercharger is cool and a really neat packaging thing though.

Well you don't really need fancy stuff to get 200 hp out of a 1340cc engine. Forced induction is going to have a better powerband down low but you can easily get to 220 with a 1400 or 1500 and have a streetable bike. The supercharger is cool and a really neat packaging thing though.

I agree that 200hp is weak for a sc 1k.
But I'm betting there's a lot more hp in there, it's just de-tuned(fuel/timing)to make it less aggressive so your average idiot can control it.
I didn't read the entire article yet either, so I don't know if the sc is electric or belt driven. But if it's belt driven, we all know what a smaller pulley does!
Kawasaki has always made great stuff, I've owned them, and I like it.:beerchug:

I agree that 200hp is weak for a sc 1k.
But I'm betting there's a lot more hp in there, it's just de-tuned(fuel/timing)to make it less aggressive so your average idiot can control it.
I didn't read the entire article yet either, so I don't know if the sc is electric or belt driven. But if it's belt driven, we all know what a smaller pulley does!
Kawasaki has always made great stuff, I've owned them, and I like it.:beerchug:

The supercharger is gear driven with a 2 speed drive to off-set the higher efficiency at high revs.

Also, don't expect to be able to buy an H2 and break the ECU open and get 300 hp. I am betting the H2R has completely upgraded crank, bearings, cams and connecting rods/pistons. It also probably has different transmission ratios and different supercharger drive gears to allow more boost. I think if you want 300 hp you are going to have to pay the piper.

I heard Zook was coming out with a response to this bike, it was going to be the 2015 Busa and its going to have 3 colors on it and not just two!

They announced $60k for the RACE version like pictured....rumor is the street version will be $30k when revealed in November...

They announced $60k for the RACE version like pictured....rumor is the street version will be $30k when revealed in November...

Holy crap! For $60k I'm sending my bike to powerhouse for a super ultra kit. still have some change left over and make 650hp. Sorry but if that's true Kawasaki really missed the point.

Not really..... if BMW HP4's and Ducati Panigale's are selling for $25+grand why can't kawasaki sell a similar packaged bike with a supercharger for roughly the same price??

I was @ my local HD shop the other week and it was early afternoon. They had just got in a 2015 StreetGlide CVO earlier that morning and it already had the Sold/don't sit on sign 15minutes after they opened up. The bike costs $35k and that's before tax tag and title...... 3 other guys had came in that day trying to buy it and was pissed it was sold. the salesman said there's a waiting list for them!! So if guys are lined up to buy a $35k harley I'm pretty sure kawasaki will have no trouble moving a 30 thousand dollar factory supercharged bike :whistle:

I don't think this bike was meant to be on every street corner. It could be the start of Kawasaki using it's incredible skillset to produce products with an integrated design process. The truth is there maybe no place for this bike in racing or street riding. Basically it's going to be some rich guy taking it to a track day and getting their gollies. But I don't get a $60K bike without ohlins or some kind of electronic suspension. This seems to be singly focused on 300 hp. We will see if that's enough to sell the 100-500 bikes they plan on selling.

jus cause it aint street legal doesn't mean ppl won't register it. plenty of turbo bike have no mirrors, no exhaust or cats. all u gotta do is thro some signals on it and ur good to go unless u live in cali with all the emission restrictions but most states don't have any restrictions for bikes

All those turbo bikes started off life with as a standard production vehicle. They came off a showroom floor with a valid certificate of origin and a VIN that allowed it to be titled in the US.

How would someone go about registering a bike that doesn't have a proper certificate of origin? You'd stand a better chance with a stolen bike as you'd at least have something to work with. Short of forging a VIN from from some other model bike, what other options are there? And when a VIN check is done at the police dept. or BMV, how big of a dolt would it take to not see through that?

I own a bike that Honda pulled the plug on after about 1700 were produced. Honda released less than 600 with valid VINS. 1200 were donated as school bikes with no certificate or origin and invalid VINs. The schools also signed an agreement where the bikes were to be destroyed when no longer needed. Every so often one turns up on ebay, sometimes untouched with less than 10 miles. They are strictly parts bikes. One guy had his taken away by Honda when he tried clever ways of registering it.

Now maybe when the H2 street legal version comes out, you can strip it down to the frame and transfer all the go fast parts off the track version to it. Technically, you'd have a badazz street legal bike for a price tag approaching 6 figures.

Also, don't expect to be able to buy an H2 and break the ECU open and get 300 hp. I am betting the H2R has completely upgraded crank, bearings, cams and connecting rods/pistons. It also probably has different transmission ratios and different supercharger drive gears to allow more boost. I think if you want 300 hp you are going to have to pay the piper.

I agree.
But I'de be willing to bet there's at least 40 or more hp available with a good dyno tune and ecu changes on the H2.

Saw it in person today. Beautiful bike, minus the wings. Kawasaki rep said the street version gets the exact same motor.

image-1525119789.jpg

image-1693892983.jpg

Back