New Job @ Suzuki BMW Motorcycle Dealership!!

Haha! No Miguel, you need to brush up on your Suzuki Farm Bike knowledge!! Lol.
It's a 2017 DR200 Farm Bike.
Very popular in NZ, every farm has one.
I bought a traded in DR200 last year and tried to use it as a dirt bike . . .
almost fell off it, sold it and made money.
Opss! I was off by 450cc :laugh:! Tank decal looks exactly like my 2011 dr650.

583A9F64-A976-45F8-AB44-750A0E9E6313.png

Yeah, they are the same, we don’t get dr650s with those decals here, different for different markets huh?
Do you ride your 650 often?
Ok. Not as often as I would like to ride it. The woods are an hour away from me and not the greatest off-road either. This Florida sand is no joke to ride on a heavy DR. I did manage to put 80 miles on pavement this morning to test the ohlins rear shock and Sargent seat i put on it. I love the simplicity of this bike and it brings back memories from my teenage years riding a Yamaha DT125 with my cousins, around the county side. I found that she hesitates and stumbles in fourth and fifth gear when I first let clutch out and give it gas, but it pulls like a train after that. Might be time for another carb cleaning.

Ok. Not as often as I would like to ride it. The woods are an hour away from me and not the greatest off-road either. This Florida sand is no joke to ride on a heavy DR. I did manage to put 80 miles on pavement this morning to test the ohlins rear shock and Sargent seat i put on it. I love the simplicity of this bike and it brings back memories from my teenage years riding a Yamaha DT125 with my cousins, around the county side. I found that she hesitates and stumbles in fourth and fifth gear when I first let clutch out and give it gas, but it pulls like a train after that. Might be time for another carb cleaning.
Just fit a Mikuni FCR flatslide carb to it!
Unbelievable difference in throttle response and power.
Pricey, but worth it, especially since you’ve fitted a Ohlins shock to her.
Have you upgraded the forks with the race tech gold valve cartridge emulators? They make a huge difference too.

Just fit a Mikuni FCR flatslide carb to it!
Unbelievable difference in throttle response and power.
Pricey, but worth it, especially since you’ve fitted a Ohlins shock to her.
Have you upgraded the forks with the race tech gold valve cartridge emulators? They make a huge difference too.
The FCR is pretty expensive, Gregg. The ohlins was a new old stock inventory that I found on eBay for a KTM and I changed the top sleeve to get the right width to fit the DR and also put a heavier spring on it, per DR forum members suggestions, so only have about $450 in it and was new in the box. On the front, I went with heavier springs and cogent dynamics valves and this bike went from a pogo stick to a great handling machine. Also put a trail tech vapor dash, 6.4 gls acerbis tank, a 40F0 gsxr1000 muffler and jetted the carb. I had to rebuild the carb when I first got it, because the bike sat a lot and the O-Ring had lost all flexibility, so I ordered one of those kits that come with the vitton(?) O-rings that can withstand ethanol better. I would love to get a better carb or even an ecotron fuel injection systems, but I don’t want to put more money into a bike I paid $3700 for. LoL

Finally got to ride this ZX14 today!
Nice bike, nicely balanced and feels lighter than it looks too.... tons of grunt and very smooth power delivery, would be a great second bike to the Busa lol
We sold it today for $15K, 2016 with 32000km on it.
Had to take the brocks pipes off and fit the OEM pipes, guy who bought it said it’s too loud with the brocks pipes lmao!

AE03E23D-EBDF-489B-9B9B-094A340F02CB.jpeg

62941276-5EE0-47D6-81ED-8F398BC326B9.jpeg

Nice bike, nicely balanced and feels lighter than it looks too.... tons of grunt and very smooth power delivery, would be a great second bike to the Busa lol
Had to take the brocks pipes off and fit the OEM pipes, guy who bought it said it’s too loud with the brocks pipes lmao!

View attachment 1603365

View attachment 1603366
Look at that Special Edition , comes with Ohlins TTX39 and Brembo M50 cast monoblocs standard ...... nice , and you know what I'm thinking , don't you Kiwi !! Yes , those gargantuan decibel killers , make the rest of the zx14 look almost small .... hahahahah....still love it though , and good companion with Busa you say .....

View attachment 1603365

View attachment 1603366
They are indeed brutes...I like them in green too.

Followed soon by Kawasaki taking their next step.

The ZX14R must soon be ready for an up-grade.
Yes, I feel the same thing will happen. Kaw should be quite ready even at this time. Suz waited several years too long on this one but they might be counting on superior sales even without being tops in hpwhich would very likely be the case. The busa is so much more popular that it doesn't need to be tops in power to outsell the 14. I will bet dollars to donuts the Gen2 ZX-14 has taken a portion of the market that would have gone busa before 2012 but overall the busa is outselling the Gen2 ZX-14 to this day.

I've never ridden a Gen2 14 but I have always felt the Gen1 was not as sporty, well handling, better looking or better overall quality than the busa. The 14 always had better brakes but that is about it. I would be comfortable buying a new busa even if Kaw does edge it out with a Gen3 ZX-14 (or 15 by that time?). You can always throw a turbo on a busa and that is your fastest bike for the rest of your days.

Had a '07 GSXR750K come in and it was not making any power over 4000rpm, and running really lean . . .
Turned out all 4 inlet manifold intake rubbers that bolt to the cylinder head and house the throttle bodies had all totally separated away from the base plate, and you could grab the throttle bodies and lift them up and down about an inch ! ! !
None of us had ever seen this before but I can tell you the rubber was as hard as a hard thing, even harder!
Replaced all the intake rubbers, reassemble everything and it ran mint :thumbsup:
Heres some pics.

Below, see the gap when t/bodies are lifted?
View attachment 1585632

Below, this when they are resting with only gravity holding them down
View attachment 1585633

Unbelievable . . any one got any idea what would cause this?
View attachment 1585634

View attachment 1585635

View attachment 1585636
below is the original before replacement with new one
View attachment 1585638

below is the new one to be fitted.
View attachment 1585639
Here's the bike . . .
View attachment 1585640
Engine heat between carbs and manifold

Back