New jacket

Regular Joe

Registered
I finally got my new jacket yesterday.  It was on back order....yada yada yada....it's finally here.  I got the Suzuki racing replica, leather, black.  Needless to say, I was very exited to go for a ride today.  So, I go and here's what I discovered.  When I grap the handles, the back of the jacket comes up and bumps the bottom of my helmet, but not a lot, no big deal.  As I get above 70 mph, the whole jacket starts to lift, pushing my helmet up and allows wind to catch it and really pulls it up.  Any advise???  I'm 6 ft, about 175 (skinny), and have the stock screen.  The jacket is a size 42 (Joe Rocket)  It seems to fit just right.  With a t-shirt on there's a little room, but with a sweatshirt it would be snug.  My butt sitts about as far back on the seat as I can get it.

Should I get a new screen?
Is the coat to big?
Will the leather relax and be so stiff?

Any advise would be great.  I love the jacket and it's my first leather, which I've been wanted for a long time.

<!--EDIT|Regular Joe
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143758129 -->

Yes....I have some advice...either cut the neck roll collar off or sell the jacket....BTDT...and hated it.

Get a jacket that has no "Neck Roll" on the collar...then you'll have "No Helmet Interefrence" going on.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Leather might relax, but the jacket just sounds like it's too short for you.
sad.gif
Thats just my thought though...

One option would be get some Joe Rocket pants with the zipper in them to attach to the jacket (Does the jacket have a zipper in back?)

I just got the Alpinestars Stage jacket and love it.  It stays in place up to 90mph-  Sorry, just got my bike and haven't had it any faster than that yet..    
smile.gif

If you really like the jacket, then by all means keep it.  But when I was looking for my jacket, I was told that Joe Rocket wasn't the best pick.  I don't know if that's true or not, but this Alpinestars jacket has been perfect for me.  It's even relaxed a bit since I first got it, so it fits much better now.

And NO, I don't work for Alpinestars..

BUSAFETT

<!--EDIT|BUSAFETT
Reason for Edit: "typo"|1143760399 -->

This jackets seen...

Cortech2.jpg

close to a buck 90 with no issues at all.

Cortech HRX Jacket Mesh Outter shell with leather and hard armor in all the right places with a two stage liner system...1. Waterproof Windbreaker (also meant to be worn alone civilian style) and....2?..a zip in thermal liner. And...I liked it so much I bought the matching pants.
biggrin.gif

ARCHI2.jpg

But it has such a small neck roll it doesn't mess with the rear underside of my helmet.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143761116 -->

Sounds like it might be fit related. I have a Vanson  and it hugs me well and does not baloon out or rise.
+1... I have the Vanson now and love it. I had the AGV Hayabusa Leather.. Looked good and I liked it but it had the Neck roll as well and was always hitting my Helmet.

Back