New In Town

dl6996

Registered
I'm new to the forum and from reading the different posts this seems like a pretty good group to get into and get some information from. I planning on buying my Busa the beginning of April and have found an '03 from Canada for $9650 with shipping included. Is this going to be a fair price? And also...do the canadian models have kmh on their speedos instead...and if they do can you replace it w/mph without screwing up the accuracy of the speedometer? Also how is it going to handle in comparison to an R1? I really liked the handling on the R1 but I'm not an aggresive rider so I'm not too worried about the flickability of the Busa. Any input?

Wayne

Welcome to the board, Wayne. If the includes shipping then it sounds pretty good. Two other guys just bought their bikes from Canada and if I remember correctly the speedo was in mph but the odometer is in k. Having never ridin an R1 I couldn't tell ya but from what I have seen in videos the Busa can't touch it in really tight corners. But once they loosen up a little look out.
Jim

Welcome to the board.

The price seems fair.
I don't know if the Canadian model is kph or mph, if it needs to be converted, that can be accomplished with a Yellow Box for $100.

As far as handling compared to an R1, dunno. Acceleration will be better, the busa can also corner like a sumbich with a good rider.

I suggest taking your time reading through the forums and making your own decision. Any busa rider will tell you they made the right decision in that purchase. Unless they are severely crippled from not knowing how to ride.

Later.

I'm new to the forum and from reading the different posts this seems like a pretty good group to get into and get some information from.  I planning on buying my Busa the beginning of April and have found an '03 from Canada for $9650 with shipping included.  Is this going to be a fair price?  And also...do the canadian models have kmh on their speedos instead...and if they do can you replace it w/mph without screwing up the accuracy of the speedometer?  Also how is it going to handle in comparison to an R1?  I really liked the handling on the R1 but I'm not an aggresive rider so I'm not too worried about the flickability of the Busa.  Any input?

Wayne
That price seems very good actually. However, are you sure that there aren't any customs or duty costs?

You may also want to check out Champion in Chicago. Chicago used to have a price war and a lot of people from around the country bought their bikes from Chicago. Call 773-555-1212 to get Champion's number.

Thinker

I've owned both an R1 00' and an R6 01'. Yamaha does make some "flickable" sport bikes for sure. I swore by them when I owned them. They are quicker in transitions as compared to the 'Busa. But, the 'Busa in all its 500 lbs. glory is a great handling bike. And with it's "almost as good handling" you get even more HP and maybe more importantly - torque. You'll get more comfort - but higher insurance payments. There is trade-offs to everything. But I'm thinking; if you want a wildly powerful bike - with the reflexes and handling of an R1 - then maybe you should consider a GSX 1000. It's not nearly as comfortable as the Busa' but it's definatley a winner on both the street and the track.
idea.gif

I thought about a GSXR but the wife spotted the Busa and wanted to check it out. After she sat on the back she told me that she wanted me to buy that bike and only that bike...and as I have come to appreciate...what she wants, she gets
wink.gif
. You can imagine that I was soooooo bummed out when she put her foot down on this one....hee hee hee.

Welcome aboard!! You will enjoy the busa! I don't know how you couldn't enjoy it!!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Your wife was right. Two-up riding is much better on the Busa. From what you have said, it sounds like the Busa is the bike for both of you! Welcome too!
cool.gif

Welcome!
I hear you on the wife deal. In 99' My buddy and I took the girls for a ride. My ZX9 and his Bus. We swapped girls halfway through and my wife wouldn't get off the Bus after that. Now I own one. I plain on going to a 180 rear after I wear out the stocker. That will make her flick quicker.

Saw this ad @ Ebay, they were asking $9300.00 for a Busa2003 SUZUKI GSXR-1300 HAYABUSA.NEW IN THE BOX.( O MILES ) IF YOU WIN THE BID ,WE HAVE ALL COLOURS ,BLACK/GREY ,SILVER/GRAY ,OR BLACK .YOU CAN PICK ANY COLOUR .WE WILL FULLY DEALER PREP THE BIKE FOR YOU,THEN PUT IT BACK IN THE FACTORY CRATE,FOR SAFE SHIPPING TO YOU . SHIPPING COST IS $200.00 TO $400.00,TO MOST 48 STATES CALL FOR YOUR SHIPPING COST.WE DO NOT CHARGE YOU ANY OTHER FEES ,YOUR TOTAL COST SHIPPED TO YOU,IS THE WINNING BID PRICE ,AND YOUR SHIPPING COST ,YOU MAY HAVE TO PAY YOUR STATE SALES TAX WHEN YOU REGISTER THE BIKE. IF YOU NEAD MORE INFO( PLEASE NO E-MAIL )PLEASE CALL DAN AT (REV LIMIT MOTORSPORTS )1-519-738-9339 [/QUOTE]

I have talked to Dan at Rev Limit and he told me that his price was good for a while and that he was getting quite a few Busa's in stock. I'm pretty sure that's going to be one of the best prices I find unless I go used which I most certainly would if the price was right. But on the other hand we have no sales tax here in MT. It's just so hard to resist getting that new toy with a reading 0 miles on the odometer. Thanks for all the input and I'll be placing my order in the next couple of weeks. We still have snow here so it would kill me to order it now and only be able to stand and look at it without being able to hop on and go. Nice meeting all of you.

Welcome to the board!

The 'Busa will have a heavier feel at first but it's definitely flickable, but not like the R1.

Back