New in SC!

Innovate803

Registered
Hey guys, I grabbed a Gen 1 Hayabusa off of CL on the cheap and plan on doing a little street strip action with it. I have loved the 'Busa since I was a kid and finally own one.

I plan on doing all new Orange/Black fairings, -1+2, dyno tune, strap, lowering links, air box mod, and possibly the Brock's clutch mod.

How much does the Brocks clutch mod help and the cushion?

How much weight does the oil cooler mod delete and is it worth it for a mostly street bike?

How much does all four short stacks help in the airbox power-wise?

I have a filter, full Yoshi Exhaust, and PC3.

Welcome to the insanity we know as Hayabusa modding…..

Like was mentioned several times, lots of info on here and the search feature will be your best friend.

:welcome:

Feel free to use the search function to find whatever info you are looking for . . .
almost every topic has been covered and the amount of Busa technical info here is staggering.
Did you know that when you search Hayabusa mods on Google there are 30 pages that pop up with links to this website? No link I have found mentions oil cooler weight, which is the main reason I have that question. One link mentions how well the Brock’s clutch mod and cushion works, no real mention of any power gain or if any ET lowering (as in an actual test, same rider with a before/after comparison). I have found out about the stacks, so it is all good there. I have done a ton of research lol. Air box mod will be done as well!
Pictures?
She is not a looker, PO dropped her off a trailer so she has no fairings. She needs fork seals as well. One picture is beside my dad’s Harley at my parents house lol. I traveled up there because that was where the bike was and I grab the bike and bring her home this week.

Welcome! My advise would be to go through all the basics first: brakes, all fluids, chain, sprockets,Cush drive, hoses, fuel system, clean/check tank, check all bearings, tires, etc.,etc., then worry about mods.

Yep . . . You got some work to do.
I know lol.
Welcome! My advise would be to go through all the basics first: brakes, all fluids, chain, sprockets,Cush drive, hoses, fuel system, clean/check tank, check all bearings, tires, etc.,etc., then worry about mods.
Already planned on it. New brake fluid, new oil, and new coolant will be done. What is the Cush drive? I will check/clean the tank and bearings. I have tires going on from my last bike. Chain and rear sprocket are new, grabbing a new front. Every vehicle I get I usually do all new fluids.
An example would be that your antifreeze is not green. No big deal but it all adds up. Have fun with it!
It looks green to me? I will Google what shade green it should be. As long as it is not milkshake colored is usually what I worry about. The Silver Vette in the background has that and I had to replace headgaskets. Fun with it is the plan! I like that I can have the Gen 2 color I want without the Gen 2 price. This bike will probably also go 1441 with a stage 1 kit in the future as long as she is mechanically sound and good to me!

Def. not trying to be a downer! I was just kind of listing off the things I did to my new to me bike. In my case the chain and sprockets were original (1999) and I could grab the rear sprocket and move it side to side about a quarter inch-not good. The Cush drive rubbers are pie shaped pieces that transfer power from the sprocket carrier to the hub of the wheel. My basic point is to check all these things before throttling it to oblivion.

Did you know that when you search Hayabusa mods on Google there are 30 pages that pop up with links to this website? No link I have found mentions oil cooler weight, which is the main reason I have that question. One link mentions how well the Brock’s clutch mod and cushion works, no real mention of any power gain or if any ET lowering (as in an actual test, same rider with a before/after comparison). I have found out about the stacks, so it is all good there. I have done a ton of research lol. Air box mod will be done as well!

She is not a looker, PO dropped her off a trailer so she has no fairings. She needs fork seals as well. One picture is beside my dad’s Harley at my parents house lol. I traveled up there because that was where the bike was and I grab the bike and bring her home this week. View attachment 1599684
View attachment 1599685

View attachment 1599686

View attachment 1599687
Welcome to the forum! I just searched about clutch mod a few days ago and some comment stated their times dropped, but don’t remember if it was here or some other random busa site on google.

Def. not trying to be a downer! I was just kind of listing off the things I did to my new to me bike. In my case the chain and sprockets were original (1999) and I could grab the rear sprocket and move it side to side about a quarter inch-not good. The Cush drive rubbers are pie shaped pieces that transfer power from the sprocket carrier to the hub of the wheel. My basic point is to check all these things before throttling it to oblivion.
I just got my dad to drain the coolant and it is neon Green out of the reservoir so it is ok. The bike is at his house right now. I definitely will check the Cush drive rubbers! I am having my friends at RBM in Columbia check things out when they replace my fork seals as well so hopefully not too much was over looked. I drive like a grandma so this bike going fast will be few and far between.
Welcome to the forum! I just searched about clutch mod a few days ago and some comment stated their times dropped, but don’t remember if it was here or some other random busa site on google.
Thank you! There is one thread here I saw and that is about it. No direct comparison. I have a line on the clutch mod I may do a before/after with.

Back