New Hump Mod

RedNeckBusaBoy

Registered
Howdy Gang,

I am attempting to add some lights to my hump and need some input. The overview is to use a dremel to cut three haybusa logo's into the hump and put my old tail light inside.

Detailed:

Cut out the hayabusa symbol on the top rear of the hump.
Cut out the word hayabusa or suzuki etc on either side.
Taper the cutouts on the inside and fill with either a clear or shaded material that will be smooth and flush with the outside of the hump.
Mount the stock tail light to the hump base and wire into rear brake light connection.
Mount either my old turn signal lights or new led's behind the side cutouts and wire into the turn signals so they would blink with the rear tail lights.

Here is where I need some help. I need to find a material that is either a liquid or can be melted and poured into the cutouts and is either clear, opaque or can be color shaded that will set and permanently harden.

Has anyone ever done this before?? If so I am all ears as to how ya did it.

Will the circuit for the brake and turn signal assemblies handle the additional lights or will I have to modify the fuse or add a new circuit?

I have the rest of the week off and if I can find the fill in material I think I can get it done by Monday.

Thanx in advance for your help.

I've done some dremmel work before, but nothing like that. I can't wait to see how this turns out. Good luck! should be sweet if it is done right. Sounds like you have a handle on things.

ps: anyone know how much new humps cost?
biggrin.gif

Postal.

Some sort of epoxy resin, the thing will be getting it the color you want, home made Gator glass huh?
wink.gif

Hey NJ, yep pretty much a homemade redneck mess....hee hee

Figure if I cant get the resin shaded I would just make sure I shaded the lights in the hump by leaving the original covers on the tail light.

Do you have a recomendation on a good resin for this type of job?

Hey Postal,

Funny you should ask..... Figure I got a good chance of botching this mod and wanted to have a backup before I began. I found an 04 LE hump on EBay for 40 bucks. Should be here by next Friday. There were about 6 humps listed last week. Aint checked lately though

Back