Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Anybody that ever had one of these

1981CB750K-1.jpg

1981CB900CLeft.jpg

Looking at one of these?

Yep they are FI with all the modern technologies of any current motorcycle. My curiosity would be around how it holds up to the old Honda CB lineage.

My first motorcycle was that 1981 CB750K shown in the first pic above. I can't believe I ever sold it. I eventually did end up upgrading with the CB900C shown in the second pic. I actually had that one well into the mid 90s and took it on the dragon for a SCARY ride. It was a big and non handling machine!

My first motorcycle was that 1981 CB750K shown in the first pic above. I can't believe I ever sold it. I eventually did end up upgrading with the CB900C shown in the second pic. I actually had that one well into the mid 90s and took it on the dragon for a SCARY ride. It was a big and non handling machine!

A cool looking throwback, and fuel injection will of course make it start easier and run smoother.
Otherwise it's likely much the same as the old CB's. It only has around 70hp and is big and heavy.
With non adjustable suspension it probably won't handle much better than the old bikes either, aside from more modern tires.
I like it though.

I hadn't seen HP numbers...how can you make a modern 1100 cc engine and make only 70HP without trying to make it only 70 hp? I think one test ride would be a deal killer after riding the Busa and the GSXR.

A cool looking throwback, and fuel injection will of course make it start easier and run smoother.
Otherwise it's likely much the same as the old CB's. It only has around 70hp and is big and heavy.
With non adjustable suspension it probably won't handle much better than the old bikes either, aside from more modern tires.
I like it though.

I hadn't seen HP numbers...how can you make a modern 1100 cc engine and make only 70HP without trying to make it only 70 hp? I think one test ride would be a deal killer after riding the Busa and the GSXR.

Yep, supposedly 70hp, and air cooled.
The engineers said they wanted the sound from an air cooled engine to keep with the theme.
Killed it for me too, I was expecting at least the 120hp range. That and non adjustable suspension is a deal breaker.
Looks to be a nice cruiser and not much more.
I've seen the hp rated as high as 90 and as low as 60, but have yet to see anything definate.
70 seems to be norm right now.

Tiller (Jay) had an old Suzuki Bandit with that kind of HP and 120 or so is just fine...I think 70 would tick me off.

Yep, 70hp, and air cooled.
The engineers said they wanted the sound from an air cooled engine to keep with the theme.
Killed it for me too, I was expecting at least the 120hp range. That and non adjustable suspension is a deal breaker.
Looks to be a nice cruiser and not much more.

Had a brand new 1976 Honda 750F Super Sport that I purchased in that same year. The first picture reminded me of it with the wire spoke wheels. That was such a great bike!

Tiller (Jay) had an old Suzuki Bandit with that kind of HP and 120 or so is just fine...I think 70 would tick me off.

I know, even 90hp doesn't seem like enough.
I showed the new CB to my boss a few months back, when they were still saying it wouldn't come to the U.S.
He's been interested since. I've been hoping he'll get one so I can test ride it:laugh:

I've had an eye on that bike for a long time, hoping they'd bring it stateside. Very cool! :thumbsup:

I like it, I wonder how much? I miss the motor exposed. Wind is brutal though without a fairing. I learned that on the VTX1800

It isnt about HP, more about the smooth low end torque with that classic UJM look. I would sport one if I had the money. I had a cb350 as my bike and rode several UJM's like the cb650-750 nighthawk's series, Yamaha Maxima's in 400-750's series, and a GSE1100 suzuk.

I remember price being quoted $9999 range

Back