New Honda 800cc

bigoltool

Registered
Just saw some new pics of the new Honda 800cc MotoGP bike which I heard is going to be called the RCV212. Ironically Honda has gone back to a V-four configuration for this bike. The first things that jump out at you are the sheer diminutive size of the thing and then you look at the details. The exhaust headers basically dump out right next to the oil sump and flush with the fairing. This means no more under tail exhaust and an almost street fighter looking rear end with the biggest inner fender I have ever seen. Very sleek! Then you look at how far forward the countershaft sprocket is on this thing. It is a full 4-6 inches forward of the riders foot! Pedrosa was already within half a second of his fastest race lap at Motegi on it too! Enjoy!
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/2006/mgp/motegi/2/index.htm

16585060.jpg

I wonder if the bodywork will cover more of the motor on the final race version. I like it, must be tiny cause Pedrosa looks normal on it.

when's the street 800's due? gotta be coming soon. and you thought 750's rock on many levels..... schweeeet

I think they had two different exhaust configurations on the bikes at the test. The one in the link had the exhaust outlets right next to the sump but I have seen other views where the outlets were far more to the rear! Maybe I am seeing things.

Back