New HMF exhaust

Sliver

Registered
I just installed a HMF dual highmount full exhaust with carbon fiber pipes. I love the sound the pipes have. Its just on the border of being obnoxiously loud and it has that big bore rumble to it.

Installing it was a pain in the but though. I didn't want to remove the radiator, so I just loosened it and moved it foward a bit. This still made it extremely difficult to remove the old exhaust and my knuckles still hurt from scraping them. But it was all worth it.

I kept the passenger footpegs but I also have the topgun undertail and because the footpegs make the rear cowling expand a few millimetetrs ( had to put spacers there cause the new pipe hangers attach where the footpegs go) the rear of the undertail doesnt fit as well as it used to.

Will post pics soon.

here' some pics

ttt.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great, wish you had a flash or more light in you garage. I was almost going to get the HMF highs but a guy I now had them in my small town so I decided for the Akrap. Wish the Akra. had a little more sound, I love the rumble the HMF has.

I don't have a flash for the digital camera and its real crappy outside here in southern georgia. I'll take some more pics when the weathers nicer and post em.

Also if anyones got a map for the hmf's for an 02 i'd be gratefull if you could email me them thanks.

Nice job there Sliver.  Pipes look good.  I like the HMF's, but I decided on the Yoshimuras.  Was a strong debate for me between HMF, D&D, Yoshimura, and Micron.  Really like the Microns more than any other simply because of the color schemes.  There is a color scheme of Micron for just about every Busa color scheme.  If you don't believe me then check this out...

redmicron.jpg

bluesilvermicron.jpg

blackbluemicron.jpg

coppermicron.jpg

blacksilvermicron.jpg

Don't you just love this sh^t?
rock.gif

afro.gif

Brian

Check it out. They even have a blue/black canister for those slow a$$ blue/black Busas. Oh well...you know the new politically correct saying..."Value All People...even if they ride the slowest Hayabusa ever made (training wheels sold separately)"
devil.gif
ices_rofl.gif

Brian

Brian, you probally have one of those ugly a$$ blue silver combo's don't you?? If you do I suggest repainting it, even copper and silver would look better.

Man I'm loving that undertail. Definitely take another picture in the light of it, where did you get it at???

Barcharles, HMF makes colored cans as well

I almost bought the HMF maybe at some point in time I'll get that dual mount hi ... but only time will tell

Hey, dezzy7, I got the undertail from alliedbarter.com. If you call tell Silvio your a member of this board and he'll give you a deal.

I must have put the hanger on backwords or something because I cant put my licenes plate back on the undertail with out having to fold the hell out of it. Who knows, but wha realy cares, I dont. I just fold away and live with it.

Josh

I must have put the hanger on backwords or something because I cant put my licenes plate back on the undertail with out having to fold the hell out of it. Who knows, but wha realy cares, I dont. I just fold away and live with it.

Josh
My buddy got a cabinet bracket from Lowe's. The ones that "lock" when you open the door. It has a spring "lock" that can hold the license plate up or down if and when needed. I'm gettin ready to do the same thing.

That is an excellent job silver. The pipes look awesome. I really like the fender eliminator. Good For You. I enjoy seeing people on the forum post pics of their creations.

Those look incredible.

But I still dont understand what you mean about the undertail not fitting properly.

Did the pipes secure on the inside of the footpegs and that squeezed the tail a bit so you had to put spacers?

Back