New high rise exhaust

Scipione420

Registered
So i just finished up the HMF high rise. The only thing i dont like right now is that the pipe hits the foot peg a little. It is also only about a 1/4 inch away from the swingarm is that normal? I think its going to hit. But it was still well worth it! I also cut the mud flap off... Heres a pic from tonight ill take a better one tomorrow.

DSCI0508.JPG

yo bro-you can "flex" the mounts a lil bit to help the cans clear your rear pegs (im assuming these are where the pipes hit??) just make sure you have right amount of spacers in there.

I bought my bike w/these pipes, and they sound just AWESOME!! cant really say I even like the sound of my new Ti system better-just not tha same "balls" as the HMFs IMO...be careful if you lower rear of the bike, those pipes WILL hit the swingarm, so be watch you clearance
beerchug.gif

yo bro-you can "flex" the mounts a lil bit to help the cans clear your rear pegs (im assuming these are where the pipes hit??) just make sure you have right amount of spacers in there.

I bought my bike w/these pipes, and they sound just AWESOME!! cant really say I even like the sound of my new Ti system better-just not tha same "balls" as the HMFs IMO...be careful if you lower rear of the bike, those pipes WILL hit the swingarm, so be watch you clearance
beerchug.gif
They are hitting my rear fairing so i cant pull them out anymore. The peg dont bother me b/c i put the clamp in the way so its only hitting that. The thing i dont like is where its only 1/4 inch away from the swingarm. If i hit a bump i think its gonna hit. I might take it for a ride tomorrow, i had to work all day today.

you got the same color i do and i've been wanting these soooo bad theey look so sick all high and tucked in congrats man

It will hit the swingarm and scratch it. I would keep adjusting until you get a 1/2" gap. If you loosen the rear pipe at both clamps, you can "twist" it out to get more clearance.

Yeah, so i took it out today for the first time and the exhaust put a nice scratch in the swingarm about a inch long. I think im going to grind that rear footpeg bracket a little so the exhaust will clear the swingarm. I tried doing everything and i cant get the exhaust away everytime i tighten the bolts on the peg it sucks it in.....

Sounds nice!!!
beerchug.gif

It seams to lose the nice sound at higher RPM's. Also when i come to a stop and feather the gas a little it will stall out, it has happened 2 times now.

Back