New here, planning on getting a Gen2 Hayabusa 13+, got a few thoughts to share.

ZXROM

Registered
Hi, new here. I'm in the market for another bike and I'm actively looking for a Gen2 probably a 13+ because of the brake upgrade. I have a few reasons I want a Hayabusa, mainly I want more comfort but still a sport bike. I ride 600's and my current one is an 08 Ninja zx6, extremely fun bike to ride, and I put over 20k miles on it, but needless to say the comfort isn't there, the high revving engine and lack of torque make the rides less and less enjoyable the older I get, so it's time for something bigger, better, and more comfortable.
There are a lot of nay sayers when it comes to Hayabusas, mainly because people think that one might only want it because it's so fast, or perceived as a status bike, I'll hear get S1000 it's faster, or Hayabusas are crap because they're heavy and would get destroyed on the track or in the twisties. Usually these kind of comments come from people that own neither or don't have a bike at all, or no riding experience what so ever, so I try to disregard comments like that. I realize there are faster liter bike out there, and if I wanted another track weapon I'd get one. I like Hayabusas for other reasons, and ready for the commitment. I guess I just wanted a little encouragement and a chance to introduce myself. Cheers.

:welcome: to the org. I believe that you will find that the best thing about a busa is its a great platform to make it whatever you want. There are bikes that perform better in different areas, but I don't think that it gets destroyed in an area.

Hello , and welcome . The Hayabusa is a great do it all motorcycle . Magazines have said that for years , and that its just not a top speed machine . Sure the current S1000R
is lighter , and just a hair faster Stock . A few bolt ons , and the Busa is hard to match . I have been riding for 25 plus years as well as racing . I chose the Hayabusa for its
platform to build into anything , ease of service vs ZX14 / other brands/models , and aftermarket support/products . In just 6 months of owning mine it has climbed to my #1
bike of all time owning .

My bike list for comparison . 1973 RD350 , rebel 250 , 450 / yamaha maxium 550 , 650 , and 750 , 1978 GL1000 aka goldwing ) 78 XS1100 yamaha , EX500 Kaw ,
three ZRX1200R's , ZX11D 1999 , Yamaha R6S raven , Yamaha Tmax 500 ( still own ) Suzuki DR650 , Yamaha FJR1300 2012 ,

Bikes not owned , but ridden long term . Kaw Z1000 , Kaw Ninja 1000 , ZRX1100R , ST1300 2007 honda , ZX12 Kaw , ZRX1224R big bore , Yamaha FZ1 both Gens
yamaha R1 2009 , ZX10 2005 , both gens of V max 1985 on to 2009

Gen2 will embarrass an S100RR with a few choice mods...heres the proof...60-190mph roll vs my Gen2 on Black Friday:rofl:
That little dot in the back is a 2015 S1000RR with bolton's and an ECU flash

IMG_6096.jpg

Hi, new here. I'm in the market for another bike and I'm actively looking for a Gen2 probably a 13+ because of the brake upgrade. I have a few reasons I want a Hayabusa, mainly I want more comfort but still a sport bike. I ride 600's and my current one is an 08 Ninja zx6, extremely fun bike to ride, and I put over 20k miles on it, but needless to say the comfort isn't there, the high revving engine and lack of torque make the rides less and less enjoyable the older I get, so it's time for something bigger, better, and more comfortable.
There are a lot of nay sayers when it comes to Hayabusas, mainly because people think that one might only want it because it's so fast, or perceived as a status bike, I'll hear get S1000 it's faster, or Hayabusas are crap because they're heavy and would get destroyed on the track or in the twisties. Usually these kind of comments come from people that own neither or don't have a bike at all, or no riding experience what so ever, so I try to disregard comments like that. I realize there are faster liter bike out there, and if I wanted another track weapon I'd get one. I like Hayabusas for other reasons, and ready for the commitment. I guess I just wanted a little encouragement and a chance to introduce myself. Cheers.

I went from 30 years of Harleys to a Busa in '02(on my 3rd now)and wouldn't own/ride anything else.:thumbsup:

I'm about to make a deal on a super clean 2009 with 9k on it, I know I wanted much newer, but the price is right and I get to own it without financing. I hope I'm making the right choice here, I tend to regret my decisions often. But got good feels on this one. I'll report back next week. Thanks for your replies.

I'm about to make a deal on a super clean 2009 with 9k on it, I know I wanted much newer, but the price is right and I get to own it without financing. I hope I'm making the right choice here, I tend to regret my decisions often. But got good feels on this one. I'll report back next week. Thanks for your replies.

A much newer gen2 has no real advantage, unless you want ABS, which many of us wouldn't have.
Otherwise you're getting the same bike, for less money, and the insurance will be cheaper because of the age.
9k miles is nothing.
If it's in good shape, and you like the color(the only real changes to the gen2), then go for it.

Followed some advice and paid cash for this '08 model with 10K on it. It was all stock except for the voodoo pipes when I bought it, did a few things to it, more to come. As far as performance goes, it has plenty to offer as is, but different slip-ons in the near future also a valve spring swap and quality turbo kit down the road, aiming for 230-250hp for street use and longevity. Also posed is my race bike that has been sitting around lately. Made 115 hp/16 hp gain over ununed on a dynojet dyno at sea level.

http://imgur.com/eUxp1RB

http://imgur.com/KO0RyXB

Image insert not working for some reason.

Welcome to the org, I have a 06 busa and love it! It still kicks azz, and I just beat a 09 zx14, by 6 bike links in the quarter, after I was taunted for a week by the guy with the kawi, all I can say is " what"? I'll he also buying a newer busa too but I plan on keeping my first gen because it's just a fun comfortable fast bike! Welcome again!

I have a blue '08 and love it so you know I like your bike. :D

Welcome to the org.

As others have said and you will read over and over (internet, magazines, forums, etc) the Busa is a great platform and really a blank page when it comes to making it into whatever you want as long as you have money to spend.

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

IMO you can't find a better bike for traveling, acceleration, or anything above 150. Not bad in the corners; obviously plenty of smaller bikes that will do that job better. The bike is no doubt an Icon. After all these years and as old as mine is it still garners a great deal of attention. I always park it where I can see it when I'm out and about and always get tickled when they duck their head down to look at the clock.

It's an all around great bike. Get one

"Hayabusa is fast, comfortable and powerful. Not a girlish ride!! "
(p.s the shortest explanation is always the best.) ;)

I have ridden a lot of styles of bikes as well; and this is definitely my favorite all-around ride. Comfortable for the long haul; works great as a sport touring machine (my personal favorite thing to do), and I commute on it daily in the summer months. I've only done a couple of comfort mods; but it'll stay mostly stock for a while. I don't race; and I love how it handles on the highway, especially in the twisties. I like to ride fast; but not crazy, so I'm never pushing it to the limit (nor chancing losing my license). I'm a big guy (not huge; 5' 11" - 230 lbs), so it being a little bigger bike is kind of nice as far as I'm concerned. I suspect that my next bike will simply be another Hayabusa; but that'll be a few years into the future. I think too that it's such a great, solid and reliable platform to build on, that options are darn near limitless.

A great choice, and welcome!

Sugarbear

I don't think there is a much better bike out there. My first street bike was a 2004 busa. 50K miles later i got a gsxr750. That lasted one season. Next was a 2008 zx14. That lasted 400 miles. Lol. Next bike was a 2007 cbr 1000. Lasted about 2500 miles. Latest bike is a 2009 busa. I'am never selling it. I love the gen 2 over the gen 1. I wasted money on other brands thinking i would like a change. I'am sticking with the busa. Being 6ft about 210 it fits like a glove.

Last edited:
You definetly can't go wrong with the busa if I knew how great it was I would have bought it a long time ago. It is by far the most comfortable I have had. I've had a GSXR 600 and a Harley Davidson wide glide. This bike by far blows them out of the water in every category. I rode my busa from daytona Florida to columbus ms when I got home from my deployment. I got off the bike and was a little tired but evrything else was good to go. I can't speak on the older models I have a 2014 and it rides like a dream. You will not be disappointed at all.

Back