New Here and Im a new hayabusa owner also have some ideas that need input

bigred53

Registered
I just recently bought a 2007 hayabusa and would like to clean the look of it up and possibly paint it black ... Let me know what you think. Also can I fit roaring toys heather rims on in without extending it? How much handling will I lose extending it six inches?

100_1599[1] (2).jpg

Last edited:
you'll loose corning. Depends on your riding style/preference. If you don't ride the twisties it won't matter.

You will loose "some cornering " but you can still hang it out there. Pic of my 07 sitting @ 6 1/2 out .:thumbsup: You will get all kinds of comments about cornering when you want to stretch your bike , You do what you like & don't let anybody tell you different , It's all about personal preference. :thumbsup:

wm_normal_100_0256_989310.jpg

You will loose "some cornering " but you can still hang it out there. Pic of my 07 sitting @ 6 1/2 out .:thumbsup: You will get all kinds of comments about cornering when you want to stretch your bike , You do what you like & don't let anybody tell you different , It's all about personal preference. :thumbsup:

Well now, there you go! That's what yours will look like...Very nice indeed!!!

that is still a sweet ride you got there sir!

The more black i see the more i like the red... what do u guys think of an all black bike except for chrome decals symbols and rims?

Noooooooooooooooooo, I just love those '07 Red Busas! I have often thought about drugging Grumpy and making off with his:whistle:

When you lower or stretch a sport bike, you basically castrate it's ability to handle, but hey, to each his own!

Welcome to the oRg!!!

Agreed, Do what you like :thumbsup:

The stretch vs cornering subject is a little touchy here :whistle: Rider skill has a lot to do with cornering imo it's the most important aspect of it. You will find people here who stretched it out an wrecked it an went back to stock an you will also find people here who stretched it an put a fatty in the back an adjusted their riding an still enjoy their bike in the twisties. In the searches I have run here, the conclusion I came up with is that stretching will not improve the bikes cornering ability, yet it doesn't mean it will handle like a raked out stretched fat tired chopper.

Of course their are always the overkill guys who place themselves outside the box an make my last comments seem silly. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Have you had this conversation before, brother?:rofl: Just hang off a little farther and let'r eat:laugh: Unless your riding with the true road racers you'll still be right in there,just watch your ground clearance:whistle:Black is a fine choice too:thumbsup: nice ride BTW!! Are you in the market for some extentions? I'm planning on getting a 0" to 4" over swingarm in the very near future and would part with mine pretty cheap:beerchug:

IMG_7977.JPG

ES09.jpg

Back