New here, and great reading...

Fireman_on_a_Busa

Registered
<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Been reading this site for the longest time, and drooling, showing my jealousy and envy for everyone that owns a Busa.  Well the time has finally arrived.  Yep, Tuesday the bike comes in, and Wednesday morning picking it up.  Does the words can hardly wait mean anything.  I have wanted this bike for ohhhhhh about 2 years, and I have not even ridin one yet, but I'm suffering from busaitis.  Like so many, the first day of riding will be a thrill and joy, and yep the smile will be hard to erase.  Glad that I can finally contribute to the forum.  Currently I'm riding a 1989 ZX-10, and this should be a huge step up.</span></span>

Welcome to the board fireman!!!

And, may I say... A most excellent choice of purchases!

Since you have been reading for a long time, I won't give you the buy a T-shirt line.

Expect only the best and fairest answer for any questions you have from the users of this board.

-Rip

Currently I'm riding a 1989 ZX-10
My condolences....

tounge.gif
.....YUK .

Expect only the best and fairest answer for any questions you have from the users of this board.
....ha ha ha...ya right Von , sure go ahead , build up the guys expectations....

good thing he's a fireman.............he'll know how to exstinguish the flaming .

RSD=
pissed.gif
firedevil.gif
=fireman-on-a-busa

juz kiddin FOAB(firemanonabusa)....

have a good 1.....

O ya....Mister Fireman On A Boosta...

How would you deal with this.........."spontaneous human combustion"....

manexplode.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
<span style='color:blue'>I see that I'm not the only one suffering from insomnia, but then again, it is 12 here in NC. Now, the ZX-10 was great in its day, but it will soon be retired, or maybe not. I think I will keep it for those days I just want to troll around the neighborhood, cause the Vance Hines does sound good.</span>

You should have posted long ago...There are several non-busa owners that hang out...Anyway enjoy your time here and your new bike...Public Servant how in the world can you afford a Busa...
jump9.gif

You should have posted long ago...There are several non-busa owners that hang out...Anyway enjoy your time here and your new bike...Public Servant how in the world can you afford a Busa...  
jump9.gif
pay no attention to him FOB....people only like him 'cause he's ARMED .
kiddin'...

Ride whatever ya want man.....its a free country.

Have a good night.....RSD.

O....by the way....I think that is gonna have to be yer new nickname...FOB .
I was gonna go with FAB...but nah , Fireman-a-Busa . Nope , just dont work .

However...FOB...Fireman-On-Busa....well that just rocks.

Have a good 1 bro......later.......RSD .

Wewlcome FIRE!

Be careful Bro.
As you already stated, it's a MAJOR step up from what you ride now. You won't even understand till you get on the throttle for the first few times.

Lookin forward to hearing about your first coupla rides!

<span style='color:blue'>Thanks Mr. Side Down, I also like the new nickname.  It sounds alot better than SOB, which I have been called in the past. HAHA Yep, there Stunnah, if I were a true public servant I would have had to settle for something else besides the busa, but I just volunteer for my local department, but the hobbies are taken care of by my actual job.  Alas another night down the tubes, gleefully wondering off into lala land, with the image of the suzuki I shall be riding soon in my last thoughts.  Might just have to take Tuesday off from work, and wait for it to be delivered to the dealership.... that's probably what I will do.... and thanks for the warm welcome.</span>

Welcome FOB!

There's no cure for Busaitis especially after you get one!
Speaking of that, what year and color are you getting?

<span style='color:blue'>Thanks Mr. Side Down, I also like the new nickname.  It sounds alot better than SOB, which I have been called in the past. HAHA Yep, there Stunnah, if I were a true public servant I would have had to settle for something else besides the busa, but I just volunteer for my local department, but the hobbies are taken care of by my actual job.  Alas another night down the tubes, gleefully wondering off into lala land, with the image of the suzuki I shall be riding soon in my last thoughts.  Might just have to take Tuesday off from work, and wait for it to be delivered to the dealership.... that's probably what I will do.... and thanks for the warm welcome.</span>
Welcome aboard.  
  I would recommend taking both Tuesday and Wednesday off...  Seriously, when I got my new Busa I went to work but it was pointless, all I could do was sit there thinking about the bike, no work got done at all.  In fact clear a place in your living room for it...you'll want it somewhere close so you can keep an eye on it.

The Busa has tremendous power but coming from a ZX-10 it's not going to be a shock.  What will be a surprise though is the handling, big fast bike that handles...Schweet... Enjoy it...
thumbs-up.gif

Welcome...the ZX 10 is a goo pre bike to the Busa. Just expect improvements in most areas.

Fireman....welcome.....I agree with other posters.....take the whole darn month off!!! You will get no work done. I was forced to go to work the day of my pick up but the weather in Chicago was horrible for all of May and most of June.

The step up from a Z-10 should be manageable....but for me it wasn't (I had a KZ 1000 many years ago and a Norton 750 Commando). When I opened the busa up after break-in....I nearly tore both rotator cuffs and almost lost my grip.

I went home changed my pants and underwear and went back for more fun. Enjoy...and ride safe.

Fireman....welcome.....I agree with other posters.....take the whole darn month off!!!  You will get no work done.  I was forced to go to work the day of my pick up but the weather in Chicago was horrible for all of May and most of June.

The step up from a Z-10 should be manageable....but for me it wasn't (I had a KZ 1000 many years ago and a Norton 750 Commando).  When I opened the busa up after break-in....I nearly tore both rotator cuffs and almost lost my grip.

I went home changed my pants and underwear and went back for more fun.  Enjoy...and ride safe.
Babuski has a good point, you will actually have to freakin hold on tight when you hammer it. I have changed my clutch usage, now two fingers on lever two on bar.

I have changed my foot placement, keep left foot on peg ready to shift into second. You will have a hard time getting your foot back to the peg in time to shift when launching hard.

Oh and if you want a nice mellow pull from a light? Instead of popping it down into first pull it up into second. No need to really slip the clutch or anything, she'll pull away smoothly. When you just want to take it easy...

Oh and if you want a nice mellow pull from a light?  Instead of popping it down into first pull it up into second.  No need to really slip the clutch or anything, she'll pull away smoothly.  When you just want to take it easy...
<span style='color:blue'>I knew becoming a member of this group benificial. I tend to want to nail it in First gear at a stop light, but I know with a busa I would be looking at the sky. The second gear start, with no feathering of the clutch should work great, just cannot wait to try it. Counting the days till I rev the engine, just a little, you know that whole break-in thing.</span>

Oh and if you want a nice mellow pull from a light?  Instead of popping it down into first pull it up into second.  No need to really slip the clutch or anything, she'll pull away smoothly.  When you just want to take it easy...
<span style='color:blue'>I knew becoming a member of this group benificial.  I tend to want to nail it in First gear at a stop light, but I know with a busa I would be looking at the sky.  The second gear start, with no feathering of the clutch should work great, just cannot wait to try it.  Counting the days till I rev the engine, just a little,  you know that whole break-in thing.</span>
we've got lots of breakin tip for too....

Hav a good 1 FOB....RSD.

after MUCH...reconsideration....I've decided FOB just dont cut it....

I think I much prefer....Fobio....

You know....like that model guy.... ya....Fobio...

after MUCH...reconsideration....I've decided FOB just dont cut it....

I think I much prefer....Fobio....

You know....like that model guy....   ya....Fobio...
<span style='color:blue'>Fobio, I wish. Head looks like a cueball, but that is a good thing. I'm saving a fortune on hair care products. Had the same comb since 1989 haha. As long as Van Deisel is popular, everything is cool, plus riding here in NC in the summer time, with that crock pot on my head, I need all the heat disapation that I can get i.e. no hair.</span>

Back