New helmet cam...looks interesting...

yuck...my 70 buck wal mart special sanyo cam with home made mount works well... see my vids here on you tube

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you're riding a bunch of wheelies or doing stunts, can someone explain the fascination of a helmet cam?

Unless you're riding a bunch of wheelies or doing stunts, can someone explain the fascination of a helmet cam?

It's really useful to be able to show the Police/Insurance company the footage of the woman who pulled out in front of you and caused the accident that put you in hospital!

It's really useful to be able to show the Police/Insurance company the footage of the woman who pulled out in front of you and caused the accident that put you in hospital!

I agree with that to a point. At first when I got my GoPro I was out thinking about how this will look or that will look but that got old quick. Now I'm so used to having it it has become a part of my riding gear. I use suction cup on tank for view thru windshield. I too now just record everything all the time just in case someone does something that leaves me either hurt or unable to say what happened. The way I see it is my bike looks fast sitting still and most folks will say 'He was going sooooo fast' so I like to record gauges for postertiy and proof of speed +/- speedo error. But other side of coin is that you may have earlier done something you would not want others to see and captured it on video. Need to be quick with 'Delete All' feature :laugh:

Hmmm. I'm sure there are instances when that'd help. I've seen post accident pics where Busa's have been split in half. Never thought about a camera on your head surviving to tell the tale. I see.

Never thought about a camera on your head surviving to tell the tale. I see.
The new GoPro Hero HD is supposed to be virtually indestructible. And you don't have to have it mounted on your helmet; the tank works pretty well, too.

Back