New helmet anyone?

I couldn’t resist. Mine are kinda old and with the clearance price plus my discount code and free shipping, dayum, wuttadeal! Got the silver/black so it’ll match the Busa and be neutral on the Z.

Just received new shoei GT air II Love it. Especially the tinted internal visor. I have always been a fan of shoei. They seem to fit my head perfect. But, are a little pricey

image.jpg

Nice looking brain bucket and specced well.

I do prefer a lid with a drop down dark visor esp if your away on a trip or on evening rides - no need to carry a clear.

Yeah it’s nice having a DOT and Snell rated helmet. I wear dark Rx sunglasses and use a lightly smoked shield but not a dark one. In tunnels (there are many around here) and after dark I’d prefer not having to switch shields or glasses. Some drop downs don’t work well with eyeglasses too.

$175 bucks is cheap for a helmet that fits correctly and is comfortable enough to wear.... if it checked those boxes for me, I’d buy It.

True enough. They do have a generous return policy. I’ve tried on several helmet brands and there’s an oval and a round shell to start with. Walking around with one on for awhile will show you which shell fits best. I have an old HJC that fits like the Scorpion does but doesn’t have a fog free shield. What I found out was the Scorpion sizes run small so I need an XXL but on other brands, an XL.

Well, it arrived today and it looks great! But, there is a fabric flap over a hard plastic piece inside the ear area that misaligns the arms of my glasses. Try as I might I just couldn’t get my glasses to fit properly. In addition, the helmet manufacture date is almost FOUR years ago, January of 2016. If my glasses fit well the nearly four year old discounted helmet might have been acceptable but the fit is the deal breaker. Gonna send it back. Thought I’d mention it since I recommended one as a deal on a good helmet.

Well, it arrived today and it looks great! But, there is a fabric flap over a hard plastic piece inside the ear area that misaligns the arms of my glasses. Try as I might I just couldn’t get my glasses to fit properly. In addition, the helmet manufacture date is almost FOUR years ago, January of 2016. If my glasses fit well the nearly four year old discounted helmet might have been acceptable but the fit is the deal breaker. Gonna send it back. Thought I’d mention it since I recommended one as a deal on a good helmet.
Same issue I have with most helmets and the inside visor. Glasses always get in the way :( But whatever, not going to do lasik so ill suffer LOL

Same issue I have with most helmets and the inside visor. Glasses always get in the way :( But whatever, not going to do lasik so ill suffer LOL

Yeah, you'd think that with so many folks wearing glasses that the helmet makers would figure out a way to make a channel for eyeglass arms. Seems like an easy fix to me. My EXO 700s fit my glasses just fine but they're about ten years old now.

Back