New Hayabusa Owner, Hello From Va.

RedGSXR

Registered
Hello from Virginia!
I got my bike about a month ago, it's a 2006, red (burgundy), black and silver GSX1300R with 10000 miles on her. I got it from its original owner, who got it brand new. It was well cared for, serviced regularly, clean, garage kept and NO modifications. I was originally looking for a 2011 GSX1250FA but I could not find one in my area at a good price. So I started looking at the many ‘Busas in the area and found this one, which as it turns out to be a much better bike then the GSX1250FA. Don’t get me wrong here, the 1250FA is a wonderful bike. My brother rides a 1250 Bandit and after a day of riding on the ‘Busa he fell in love with it ! !
OK with all of that being said here’s what has happened since I got the bike. First I changed the oil, filter and coolant twice in one week just to make sure. I cleaned, lubed and adjusted the chained and I adjusted the idle. I have one of those idle adjustment things that attached to the frame on order. I replaced the stock Busa mirrors with GSXer stock mirrors, much better view.
Now I have a few issues that maybe some of you out there can help me with, please.
1, Is this bike a ‘special’ version, I mean I did not see any ‘Busas with this color combination?? How can I tell??
2, The bike has some scratches on it’s right side where the bike fell over. The original onwer said he was going to work and the bike fell while going over a patch of gravel at low speed. There was no damage to the fairing or bodywork other than some scratches, mostly on one of the decals. Where can I get a stock replacement decals from at a good price??
3, I am 6ft tall and I can’t see the upper half of the gauges with the stock windshield. I have looked at both the Zero Gravity Sport Touring windshield and the MRA Touring windshield and I can make up my mind. Has anyone out there installed either of these windshields and got pictures of them?? I’m looking for a windshield that will give me a better view of the gauges without being too tall.
Thanx in advance, looking forward to exchanging info and pictures.

Welcome. As in for the gauges. A double bubble screen will take care of the visibility of the gauges. I am 6'3 in height. Ran a MRA and the ZG touring screen, didn't care for either. Too much helmet buffeting.

Welcome to the oRg, you do not have a special edition but who cares...all busa's are special right? Anyway, I cant remember the name of the company but I am sure someone will post a link to an aftermarket decal set. If you want true oem hit up Goldenchild and see what he has and he may have a complete side for you. I also agree with the double bubble choice in screens so you will need to choose a brand. Personally I like Puig. Again, welcome to the oRg! :welcome: Now post up some pictures.

There are pictures of my bike at my profile.

RedGSX1.jpg

RedGSX2.jpg

RedGSX3.jpg

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

Great color scheme. Back in the day they were referred to as the cranberry.

Is this bike a ‘special’ version, I mean I did not see any ‘Busas with this color combination?? How can I tell??

click here

:welcome: to the board...i have a Puig double bubble screen like twotonevert and it is high enough to see the gauges without directing the air in your face...also, it allows me to get under the air stream when i'm letting her stretch her legs a bit, i definitely don't fit behind the OEM screen! :laugh:

Back