New Guy

Irishluck

Registered
Well just wanted to introduce myself and a little about me. Im 23 and married, just ordered my first Busa from the wholesale dealer and waiting for it to come in hopefully in the next week. This is my first busa but not my first addiction to moding and speed. For many years Ive been racing an 89 mustang coupe drag car but I recently sold it and wanted alittle something so cruse around on. So far the only real question I have is what is the manufacters recomended breaking rpm and miliage on the new busas? Also Ive been looking around on here for the last couple of weeks just wanted to say all the bikes on here are great looking and im very exicted to get mine and learn more about the Busas and hopfully get to ride around with some of you guys.

Congrats & Welcome !!
beerchug.gif

Well just wanted to introduce myself and a little about me.  Im 23 and married, just ordered my first Busa from the wholesale dealer and waiting for it to come in hopefully in the next week.  This is my first busa but not my first addiction to moding and speed.  For many years Ive been racing an 89 mustang coupe drag car but I recently sold it and wanted alittle something so cruse around on. So far the only real question I have is what is the manufacters recomended breaking rpm and miliage on the new busas?  Also Ive been looking around on here for the last couple of weeks just wanted to say all the bikes on here are great looking and im very exicted to get mine and learn more about the Busas and hopfully get to ride around with some of you guys.
Irish you're gonna have so much FUN!!!! As for breakin, the bike comes with an owner's manual
laugh.gif
and most everyone will have their own version of how to break in a new motor anyway so here's how I did it.
ThumbsUp.gif

Mine had 4 miles on it when I took delivery and I rode it 460 miles the day I got it, from southern CA to San Jose CA on hiway 1 and 101 varying the speeds with runs into higher rpms on occasion but never holding the revs constant for very long. Hell I found out that at an indicated 95 mph it was only turning 5,000 rpms so I had no worries about over revving it. I don't think I ran it past 9,500 or so until after the first oil change and after the second oil change I went with Amsoil synth and couldn't be happier.

26 months later passing 22,000 miles I just changed the O&F again and drained a gallon and added a gallon. My guess is that I got a good Hayabusa and did alright with the breakin process. Good luck with yours!

skyline_blvd_Busa_March_nine_oh_eight__Medium_.jpg

Thanks guys I will post the pics as soon as she gets home. I cant wait Ive loved the busas since the first one I saw at the drag strip, and didnt think at my age I could afford the insurance on one untill I found out about state farm the prices were a huge drop from over 400 a month with allstate to under 30 with state farm I would like to dress it up a bit just not sure which way I want to go with her yet.

Thanks CBXRIDER btw I love the bike thats the first color busa I ever saw just wish they had that color for the 08s. As for the break in the only reason I wanted to know was so I dont void the warrenty just incase something broke. Iver never had a brand new bike before always had ones that were broke in already. But thanks to a very supportive wife Ive been able to blow lots of money on my toys in the past and even when she said I cant get another bike ends up wanting me to buy a brand new busa. Gotta love her.

Break in according to the book is 4500-5500 RPM max 1st 500 miles then 8000 RPM max till 1000 miles then IMO hit 11000 as often as posible

Great, another Okie! Glad to have you. Where in Ok are you? You will love this site.

Back