new guy with old question

Timan

Registered
First off I've been lurking here for quite awhile, and can usually find the answer using the search feature. At this point I am thoroughly confused and need a little help. I have a 2008 BKing and recently changed out the rear turn signals for LED units; I still have stock front setup. As you would expect the turn signals blink faster. My first question--is this an issue that will cause a problem with this particular bike? Second question--I have owned several bikes and normally I just replace the blinker relay with the flat relay from SuperBright LED's and all is good. In fact I have several of their relays on hand. In one of the searches there was mention of using this relay, but no detail of how/which wires to connect from the stock relay. Lastly, where is the relay located on the BKing? During the search, sometimes it was discussing the 'Busa and sometimes the BKing.
I realize this subject has been beat to death, but could use you riders advice.

from my experience, a resistor type relay is in order if you upgrade to led lights for the turn signals but i couldn't tell how to wire them up. pm Gixerhp sp? he use to sell kits for the busa as a plug n' play for running lights an might have something that would help you out. welcome by the way!

First off I've been lurking here for quite awhile, and can usually find the answer using the search feature. At this point I am thoroughly confused and need a little help. I have a 2008 BKing and recently changed out the rear turn signals for LED units; I still have stock front setup. As you would expect the turn signals blink faster. My first question--is this an issue that will cause a problem with this particular bike? Second question--I have owned several bikes and normally I just replace the blinker relay with the flat relay from SuperBright LED's and all is good. In fact I have several of their relays on hand. In one of the searches there was mention of using this relay, but no detail of how/which wires to connect from the stock relay. Lastly, where is the relay located on the BKing? During the search, sometimes it was discussing the 'Busa and sometimes the BKing.
I realize this subject has been beat to death, but could use you riders advice.

If you're still working on this, try an electronic flasher. The flasher is under the plastic at the front left frame above the engine. I did the same thing as you and just put the flasher in and everything works properly. Can't remember where I got it from but it fit the machine properly. Good luck.

Back