New Guy With A Funny Noise Please Help

adv397

Registered
ok guys I am totally new to the busa world I picked up a 2012 busa with 4800 miles it has a Q module shift power commander 5 and yoshh slip ons nice bike but it has a noise that I am trying to track down its not like anything I have heard before on any of the bikes I have owned ,the guy I got it from said that it just started one day . Ok so the noise , it seems to be coming from the air box and or topend not a ticking noise but more of a rasp kinda like if you left the choke on in a carberated bike and the butter fly is fluttering it happens when you get on it, even in nuteral and when the idle comes back down you can hear one click sound like something is resetting, does this bike have the vac operated valve in the air box like the early ones? that is kinda the sound I hear like if it was not operating fast enough or sticking , any help would be great just need a direction to go in thanks so much

Air box might not be seated on inlet manifold (not correct name)correctly.2 when you split airbox to change filter there is a rubber seal that is worth checking.lift the tank and run the bike and see what you find

Rubber hoses fell off air box ,there is 4 of them 3 at back end of airbox 1 on right hand side.........if you remove the airbox the are breather hoses hoses connected to the pair valves that could have split ,you can only see them with airbox removed

Back