New guy, looking into busa's

SteveCZ28

Registered
i have some cash and am looking into getting a hayabusa. ive wanted one for as long as i knew what a hayabusa was. i might have found a bike that i can get. i have to wait till tuesday to look at it, so if he has it by then ill hopefully be bringing it home with me. it is a very nice 2000 busa. is it worth trying to get a 2000? i know it is the 2nd year they were made. i dont know if the 99-00's were more trouble some than the other years or not. im mainly joining this site as i know i will get into a hayabusa, and love reading,researching new things to me such as this type of a bike.

The 99' 00' bikes are un restricted but have issues with vapor lock and fuel pump problems. Nothing that can't be fixed but if I were you I'd be looking for a 04 and up. By then Suzuki had worked most of the bugs out and upgraded the CPU. There's a 'history of the Hayabusa' section somewhere on this site. Check it out, it has tons of info in it. Busas are great bikes.

:welcome: to the oRg :bowdown: Unrestricted baby. Depending on your body weight that bike will come very close to 200 MPH. Hopefully after 12 - 13 years everything has been taken care of. Cam Chain Tensioner, etc.

thanks guys. the 2000 is a nice bike. talked to the guy for a good while. sounds like it was a trouble free bike as long as hes had it. sure its un restricted which sounds cool and all. but im not all about the going 170+. sure its cool to say my bike could do that. i want a busa as im a tall guy 6'6. and like a bigger bike, and wanted a busa for ever, and spank the occasional college kid lol. im also looking at a 05 busa also. has 22k on it. ideally i like the 05 more because its newer, its red/black which is my favorite colors. and its alot closer than the 2000. although the 2000 is a good chunk cheaper. is blue/silver which i could deal with. but is a good 3 1/2 hour trip one way. where the red/black is 1 1/2 hours one way.

can anyone tell me if ill be comfortable on a 1st gen busa? im 6'6. ive heard from a few people that i should fit on it fairly well. i know im getting impatient. ill know wednesday when i goto look at a bike. but just kind of want to know ahead of time. i came from a 03 yamaha fz1 and it was a very comfortable bike for what it was. so im hoping the busas are bigger than the fz1's

That's an individual thing. You can do several mods to change the riding position a little, but saddle time is all that has worked for me.

Also 170 is fifth gear duty on a Busa :laugh:

jeez, i guess i under estimated the power of these. 170 in 5th, thats screaming lol. ive done 155 on my old fz1. i got to looking around on this site. some around my height say these gen 1s are comfortable where as others arent so comfortable. ive been researching the adjustable rear sets, which should help me if i need help with adjusting. i just hope i can get my tall legs to tuck into this bike to ride it haha

can anyone tell me if ill be comfortable on a 1st gen busa? im 6'6. ive heard from a few people that i should fit on it fairly well. i know im getting impatient. ill know wednesday when i goto look at a bike. but just kind of want to know ahead of time. i came from a 03 yamaha fz1 and it was a very comfortable bike for what it was. so im hoping the busas are bigger than the fz1's

There are alloy of guys on this forum who are like you and I, that are pushing the 6.5ft tall range. I can't speak for all of them but I know I have no problem with comfort on mine. Mine is stock in regards to the riding positio. No aftermarket seat bars or pegs for me and I can ride aall day long easily

thats great news! i found the buell peg mod also on here if i do need just a tad more room. always good to hear someone my height can fit....as like i mentioned earlier ive wantwed a busa forever, and would hate to have my bubble popped by not fitting lol

went to the stealership today and looked at a 05 busa....nice bike, test rode it, it is a comfortable bike, i fit on it quite well (surprisingly). well the dealership was being bobos and lost a sale over 300 bucks....oh well, wasnt meant to be on that one, then found out a 2000 i was looking at sold yesterday as well...so now im looking for another busa to buy

Ask Yamahor... He's in the got a few inches on you and seemed comfortable on his. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the comfort.

Back